Help with Mad Wizard

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by alacalle, Mar 12, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. alacalle

alacalle Member

Long time player of TOEE and now KOTB. Thank you developers for a great new game !

My party of five is 5th level and I have gathered all the pieces for the Scavenger Hunt to unlock the door to the Mad Wizard's lair. I get an audible click when I put everything in the Hope chest except for the Scroll of Curse Water or Animate Dead. Neither scroll will allow me to get past the door to the Mad Wizard.

Can anyone help ?

Thank you in advance.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You do need one of his scrolls, I can't remember what they were (those ones sound about right) but there was more than two. You haven't already used one of the other scrolls have you?

If we can't work this out there is a back door, I will PM it to you if necessary.

3. alacalle

alacalle Member

The two scrolls I mentioned in my initial post were the only ones I found in the upper level of the tower. And I still have them both in my inventory. Are there other scrolls in the wizard's tower ?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ok, I can't find that third scroll, must be my memory. All I can say is that I just tried putting both scrolls in the chest and they both click. So... dare I ask if you have the original scrolls? Is it possible that you picked up others that were identical and are mistaking them? Or, that you lost / sold the originals unwittingly then consoled new ones? Because the mobs of the scrolls in that room have both flags and scripts attached (flags to identify them as the correct one, and the script to click when you put them in and check if the scavenger hunt is complete). Purchased, scribed or consoled scrolls, although identical, won't have those.

If you're confident you are doing everything right and it still isn't working I can't explain it, I can only suggest you console yourself the key with 'give 10012'.

Our Host!