Hello from Livonya

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Livonya, Jul 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Hey, folks.

Sorry for the long silence.

I have had several bad events in my life that prevented me from doing anything on my computer. The worst thing was that a little over a month ago I was having extreme pain in my eyes and simply couldn't use the computer as it was just too painful to focus.

After some doctor's visits and some hassle with my insurance company I have now joined the ranks of those that wear glasses, though oddly enough I can see just fine without them but if I don't wear the glasses my eyes start hurting.

Nothing too serious, but as I have never had any eye problems before and I still have great vision it took some time to determine if I had an eye problem or something more serious.

In any event, that was the cause of my long silence.

The unfortunante thing is that I am not going to be able to afford any time to mod or play on my computer at all for the rest of the year as I have some work committments that are going to monoplolize my life for the last 4 months of this year. And it turns out I may have to have shoulder surgery in the next month or so. I had shoulder surgery last year on my right shoulder, and it now appears that I have to have the same surgery on my left shoulder this year... ugh.

I am going to attempt to post the most recent version of my mod. It isn't at the finished point that I would like, but I don't know when/if I will ever get a chance to finish it so I will post what I have.

I am going to try to do that this weekend.

thanks, and again sorry for the silence.

- Livonya

PS: This is the first time I have been to this new mod site. Where should I post the mod to? I will probably need some

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hey Livonya, welcome back. I'm so sorry to hear that you have such problems with health, that's too bad... I really wish that you get better soon. It's really unfortunate that there are no D&D clerics in real life that could cure you in an instant... :-(

The site has changed a lot, but it still follows the same rules, so you can post a newer version of your mod in the "Temple of Elemental Evil" forum. The rules for FTP access have changed a little, I'll forward a PM from Exitium to you so you can have access to the FTP again, OK?

By the way, I know that you won't be able to play/mod for a long time, but anyway - you may be interested in a new editor (a beta, but a really stable one) that I released recently in General Modification (just it's important for you to know that it's now available for public download) - it's able to do a whole lot of cool things, you can check it out in General Modification if you have time...

It's really nice to hear from you here on the forums!
    Take care!

- Agetian

Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  3. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Hello Livonya,

I just wanted to say a propper "thanks" for all the incredible work you've done; I've said it before, but it's worth repeating. Your mod has been a huge step towards making this game worth replaying. Very sorry to hear about the real life problems that have complicated things for you, and glad to hear that things are under control.

Anyway, with great respect, take care,

-Bob

Last edited: Jul 9, 2005
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Thanks for popping in, Liv. This should put a lot of worried people's minds at ease. :paranoid:

Gaear

5. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Thanks for all that you've done thus far. I'm looking forward to getting this version & finally trying out some of the cool stuff people are raving about (I'm a '2.0 holdout', you see).

Best wishes for a swift recovery & successful completion of your other commitments.

:hug:

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

What they all said. Thanks for being thoughtful and considerate enough to let us know, its much appreciated. Now get some rest and take care of yourself!

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hi Livonya, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time recently, I'm glad to hear you're ok though. I hope you don't mind, I posted a few quick fixes for things that weren't working quite right in your 1.5.1 mod.

Good luck with your shoulder surgery later this year.

Allyx

8. halarious

halarious Member

hi, liv. :wavey:
    glad you're ok. :hug:
    hope things work out for you. :peace:
    thanks for everthing. :rock:
    thanks for 2.0. can't wait to play. :dribble:
    you will be missed :sadblinky
    come back soon. :drunk:
    all the best. :dance:
    thanks. :clap:
    luv ya. :heart:

9. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

It's good to hear from you, I hope things go well for you out there in the real world. Thank you again for all your hard work, you've improved the game tremendously and have inspired a lot of modding here.

Best wish's for whatever the future has in store.

10. screeg

screeg Nukekubi

Well, even with glasses, your eyes are probably tired reading all this praise and appreciation. Here's one more:

THANKS! Your hard work has revitalized a great game in the long dry spell between good RPG's. I'll be heading back to Hommlett as soon as version 2.0 comes out.

Hope the surgery and accompanying hassle isn't too much to bear.

All the best in future!

(PS: if you're not too busy, maybe you could just put up a post every couple of months to say how you're doing in the Real World. You're pretty popular around here you know)

:X

11. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Thanks for the update Livonya. I think everyone around here was getting pretty worried about you. It is good to know that things aren't "too" seriously wrong.

And thanks for all your hard work on modding the game. Your mod got me into playing the game again and made it good enough that I actually finished it this time!

You and your efforts will be sorely missed but you need to look after you. So take care of yourself and good luck with everything.

And yeah, if you can spare the time pop in and let us know how you are doing every now and then.

Darmagon

12. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Hey Livonya, good to hear from you again. Had some health troubles myself at the beginning of the year (sore eyes, headaches) - and got glasses. Yay! I guess starring at a computer screen all day doesn't help ... :twitch: Anyway, I'd like to join in the chorus and thank you for your hard work. Good luck for your surgery, and get well soon!

13. Libri

Libri Member

Livonya,

Glad to hear you are alive, was really kinda getting worried about you. (seriously) Sorry to hear of your heath problems, hope all works out well. Really psyched that you are going to try and put 2.0 out anyway (I've held off starting another game since I wanted to have a "fresh" game. Planning on an all bard/rogue party to see how those builds will work.

14. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

liv, your mods are exellent. they have really made it more fun to play the game. The first time i plaed the game i thoght it was very short and not as exciting as playing d&d. the mods have helped out a lot.

15. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Hi Livonya

Welcome back to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles and hope that things go well for you in regards to that. We're all glad to see you back.

Our Host!