hedrack battle, killing iuz

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Legless, Jan 15, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Legless

Legless Established Member

hi,
    I'm on lvl4 of the temple and in battle with hedrack et al, iuz was summoned and I'm still fighting him. My priestess, Veritas, melded to stone and gets wallopped by iuz, every other enemy is long dead, cuthbert hasn't shown up and the only one doing any damage is Talespinner my bard, he's using IOLO'S JOY, the repeating crossbow and after about 70 phases he's caused 31 points of damage.
    Does anyone know how many life points iuz has?
    Is it worth spending the next x hours in combat? ie can a god be killed? and what xp and goodies do I get for killing him?
    More relevant is will the game crash at his death?
    Any advice will be much appreciated.
    btw I am playing on my other pc and asking stupid questions on this

Thanks

2. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

You wont be able to kill him by the time cuthbert shows up without the scather/fragarach sword or using the Lareth club bug. (you could always use the console but thats cheating)
    He is nearly immune to all magic and his AC is so high you would barely be able hit him with even the most powerful magic weapons in the game (other than the ones listed above). Even if you could hit him consistantly, he has over 700 hp and would cut you down to size well before you could do enough damage to kill him with out the above mentioned weapons. It can be done though with the above mentioned swords as long as or character is CG or very easily with the Lareth club bug. One hint, stoneskin is your friend. Good Luck :thumbsup:

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@Legless -

1. What modpack version are you playing?
    2. Where is this taking place on the battlefield?
    3. The game should not crash.
    4. You will get lots of XP and no loot.

4. Legless

thanks,
    I've been fighting him for over an hour now,
    my bard has hit him for 63 damage in that time, still no Cuthbert though. I think I might reload as I accidently attacked with one of my meele fighters with scather, and he died on iuz's next go.

5. Legless

thanks G,
    the fight is happening just in front of the circle where hedrack stands. modpack 7.6 nc

6. Gaear

Hm, Cuthbert should definitely appear. Let us know what happens with the reload.

7. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

Iuz can be killed. :transform

But as said allready, having Fragarach or scather in your possession is a must. And you have to support the wielding character with every heal spell or potion. Stoneskin, protection spells, haste and more!!!

And.... A little bit of luck :yes:

8. Legless

I played for another hour without damaging iuz further, so I reloaded. After that I killed Hedrack before he could call his god so it was an easy fight

9. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

One good trick for Iuz, or any other tough fight, is to give him a target he cannot kill, such as a charmed troll, or a summoned chain devil. They will go down to the sub damage, but as long as they were the first target, he will keep wailing on them. In one fight I had a chain devil at -2400 hps, while my guys stood back for a while then moved in behind him.

10. Legless

I tried something similar, my cleric melded to stone and took the hits...until my other meelee fighters waded in, the iuz took them out in one go:sadblinky

11. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

I thought that St Cuthbert should turn up after 3 or 4 rounds- is this no longer the case?

12. Legless

I believe he should, but for some reason he reckoned I was doing ok without him.
    Iuz attacked straight away and cuthbert didn't show up the first time, after the reload I killed Hedrack b4 he could call his god so neither gods showed at all

13. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I recently did this fight with 7.6NC and Iuz was standing in the arch right between where the two wizards usually are, the entrance into the big room if you came down through the hole that opens when the throne slides back.

My party was mostly near the hallway, a pretty good distance from Iuz and he still was payed a visit by ST Cuthbert.

Personally I think something is corrupted with your save, the fight that follows once ST Cuthbert leaves is a lot of fun and it's a shame you missed out on it.

14. Gaear

Currently, the only way Cuthbert is scripted not to appear is if Iuz is a very long way away from Hedrack when it normally happens (4th round of combat).

15. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

So Cuthbert rescues you if you bravely stand toe-to-toe with Iuz (and survive that long), but may not if you run away?

Or to put it another way, if you lure Iuz far enough from Hedrack, you get longer to kill him...

Our Host!