Half-Dwarf :D.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ethereal, Jan 24, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ethereal

Ethereal Member

Yesterday I made a party with the point buy system, and it's pretty cool until now, a bit challenging but doable.
    Now my fighter is named Morgrim Ironhand is a half-dwarf, yeah you hear it good.
    Using the console a bit I made a human and changed the stats -2 charisma + constitution, the dwarven waraxe profiency was replaced by the free feat that went on a exotic weapon profiency, and the other bonuses were replaced by the + skill point from human.
    His father was a dwarf (I don't think a sane human would love a dwarf female too much :chick:)from who he recieved his fortitude, but growing with his human mother in a human society granted him the other bonuses.
    I found it weird, when I had this "revelation" that there were no half-dwarfs .
    What do you think of background story?
    Also do you find it balanced ?
    Cheers.

2. Templar

Templar Established Member

I think the point buy system should be 35 points instead of 25. :anger:

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Ethereal, IMHO, the CON bonus on the point-buy system is meaningful if you buy up to 13+ points. If so, your character is becoming slightly unbalanced. If you care so much, you could consider putting the bonus feat into something useless (for a Fighter) like Skill Focus (Spellcraft or Use Magic Device).

4. Ethereal

Ethereal Member

Yes you are true, he has +16 CON true , I will take another 2 intelligence to balance it.
    He looses the encumbered bonus from dwarf, the dodge and the others effects, he still need a bit of balance, but it's still much worse than the roll system stats wise.

Also I would like to add that he didn't got the beard and the bulky form from his dad, but he is shorter than the regular human.He got a mowhawk in sign of rebellion, he is a bit frustrated because he feels something is missing ( the dwarven part from his life ).

Going to kick some arses , this party is really cool ... you loose a lot when you play with an imba party, 25 points seems enough to me :).

5. Templar

25 is not enough for a HERO :) you think Drizzt can get by with that :roll:

6. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Creating a 1st level Drizzt Do Urdan as an Elf with stats:

S13 D20 C15 I15 W15 C14

would take 56 points. I would say he was more than a hero already.

With 24 points, you could create straight 12 stats. With 30, straight 13's. With 36, straight 14's.

If you roll, you can easily achieve an average of 14 in just a few rolls. ;)

7. Templar

I thought Drizzt had a 17 Intelligence.
    Yeah the only thing I don't like about rolling is not being able to subtract to somewhere else.
    I've actually had times I wanted a 18 on 2 or more stats but was left with too high a number for other stats. Example; I was left with 16 for intelligence for my half orc barbarian, which I couldn't deal with (too high for that stat in my personal opinion, and ended up re-rolling). If I could have just subtracted a few points (I know half orc get a minus anyway but still). There is of course the console commands though.

I used to do that for Baldur's Gate II, shadow master program to adjust everything but I couldn't get it the way I wanted. Sure I could 'change' Imeon from a thief/mage to a fighter or a cleric but the program left the their saves and other rolls/adjustments as if they were still their previous programmed class.

This is built in commands from the looks of it, should not have that problem if I adjust attributes, I hope.

Drizzt has a thaco of 5, which I didn't understand for a high level ranger with +5 scimitar and a +3 frostbrand. I thought it would be lower, must be because of low strength.

8. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

35 points is even more than you get in Neverwinter Nights. :)

Also, Drizzt is a drow, not just an elf. Drow get +2 dex, +2 int, +2 cha, -2 con. His stats are still pretty high, of course.

9. GuardianAngel82

Yep. A I17 and a W17. I took off 4 points because hes's 16th level, or so.

Do what I do: cheat. I stick to to whatever rule I set, though. Right now, I'm playing 5.5.0
    with the wretched Basic Game party with 2 added to every stat. ;)

10. GuardianAngel82

I'm talking about playing him in ToEE. Playable Drow WOULD rock, though. :thumbsup:

11. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Yeah, I always have to fight with myself to not pick drow in NWN2. +6 - 2 stats and innate spell resistance are hard to pass up (and it's rarely difficult enough for the ECL+2 to matter).

12. Ethereal

Ethereal Member

If only we had a skin color panel :).
    I had a lucky roll of 18 18 16 16 14 14, that is really imba.

13. Templar

I might cheat the gold just to pay off the priest when my paladin falls. And to get the experience back I loose from weapon upgrades. Now that I've beaten fallout 1 (wanted to for some time) I'm back to play the game through again.

14. Reymar

Reymar Member

Good idea, I've always thought experience loss was a horrible way to impliment crafting.

Half-Dwarf is a bit too good, Unless they were making a Charisma using character who wouldn't take Half-Dwarf over Human?

Rey~

15. Templar

on the topic of stats, how do I open the console commands to alter attributes, gold and experience?

Or do I use the config file to type the commands into?

Our Host!