Guardian Angels

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scryler, Aug 17, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

For those who may be interested, Yahoo has an article on the Guardian Angels.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Thank you. :)

Any links? Or other information?

3. Scryler

4. GuardianAngel82

The link did not work, but from the "decades" in the name, I'm guessing it's about Central Park. It's been decades since I've patrolled Central Park, too. (1997)

I was hoping it was the one about Curtis Sliwa being attacked by a drone. ;)

5. Scryler

I think the original article was from The New York Times. The Guardian Angels are back patrolling after a long absence. I haven't seen one about a drone attack. Idk if that's funny or jerky (probably both).

6. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I think it's kind of ironic that the American troops tasked with protecting the Afghan police forces are also called Gaurdian Angels. If you get a chance take a peek at the "Long War Journal".

7. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

Salute!

I can think of nothing more appropriate word, except of course THANK YOU.

Slightly of topic, but then again US. Soldiers save the day, again, in our neck of the woods.

Thank You.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34055713 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

8. GuardianAngel82

That IS, essentially, what the Guardian Angels do, except it's not usually as serious as a guy with a Kalashnikov on a crowded train. We WOULD, of course, try under those circumstances because the only other option is dying.

The three gentlemen involved were an active duty Air Force airman, a National Guardsman and a civilian, all American. It's amusing that the initial reports said it was 3 Marines. :D I understand they were helped by a Brit and a Frenchman. And probably others were involved.

Old veterans still formulate a plan of action when they enter circumstances where there is a possibility of negative circumstances. It helps you get moving when those circumstances occur.

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

After so many years of hands on, you can't help but try and be ready for the worse. ;)

Although, someone doesn't need to be prior military to use their head and try to take notice of the exits and choke points in a room or vehicle and put together a simple plan of action to evacuate themselves and their loved ones.

Being ready allows you to act instead of re-act.

Our Host!