Garbage?

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by ConjurerDragon, Jul 20, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Being the packrat that I am in CRPG´s my party got a collection of rusty mail, grubbyboots and ragged clothes.

Are there similar ways to Nobby polishing rusty weapons to bring other items back to market value (e.g. seamstress repairing ragged clothes, cobbler shining grubbyboots and the armourer/blacksmith polishing rusty mail)?

If not could a place be added to load off the unsellable stuff for a LN party that despises littering? e.g. a rag and bones man that visits the keep every week and takes grubbyboots and ragged clothes for 1 copper?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

:blink:

Probably not? Just put it all in the inventory of a wandering monster, and viola.

A rag-&-bones man would fit in at the Thorp.... maybe.

3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Wouldn´t that be illegal dumping? I can´t see either my LN party doing that, nor any party with a Ranger or Druid... :roll:

That reminds me: My LN party still has to apprehend that Black Dragon for illegal barging of spent acid...

:thumbsup:

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

How about a scrap metal bin outside the armorer's shop and a scrap leather bin too?

5. Shiningted

But how do we police them? People could put anything in there...

6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

They'd be no different than the random barrels in Hommlet... what's the harm?

7. Shiningted

Role-playing, dude, role-playing... your Druid KNOWS you used the wrong bin!

Actually, these are all good, harmless ideas that can be implemented with very little work, if the maps are conducive I'll go for it :)

8. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

It has been many years since I've played Baldur's Gate and IWD, but I recall that dropped items would disappear after a set amount of time, sort of like the dead bodies already do in ToEE/KotB.

The rational behind this is that items just laying around would be scavenged by a random passerby or hoarder or person down on his luck...

Am I mistaken in my recollection?

Could something like this be implemented in ToEE/KotB?

You drop Scather on the ground, and come back a couple days later, why would you expect it to still be there?

9. Shiningted

Well the Keep is a bastion of law and order... but otherwise, a lot of things that end up on the ground are player's quest items or rewards that they 'drop' due to not having room. So it's probably better we don't do that (even if we could, which we probably can't). As I said, to get rid of something permanently, just dump it on a RE screen, or in a monster's inventory or chest somewhere you're never going back to.

Our Host!