Game does not load from Front End screen

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by slygeezer, Sep 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. slygeezer

slygeezer Member

I've run into a problem setting up Co8 v5 and I'm hoping someone can help because I am really looking forward to playng the mod.
    I carefully followed the detailed instructions for patching TOEE but ran into problem at step six. I opened the front end, it set up the 300mb file, then I tried to start the mod by clicking on it in the white area to the left of the sceen. The front end screen disappeared, my cursor changed to a whirly disc, and my virus scan told me it had deleted a virus in a file named amsmpu4p.sys. I searched the TOEE directory for that file and the Search command served up a file named partsys1.tab. I then clicked on the front end shortcut again and got a message box about an exception because a .dll file (don't remember which) was in use. Went to dinner - came back - the whirly disc cursor was still whirling.
    I'm running XP service pack 2 and Net 2.0.
    Thank you!

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Might be your virus checker is a little hyperactive? Agetian made the frontend but from what he's commented it seems that the front-end moves files about and this upsets some virus checkers. Could this be the problem?

I'd virus check your computer, then disconnect from the internet and disable your virus checker. Do a full delete of the game and reinstall, and see if the absence of a virus scan helps. Might not but in the absence of a reply from Agetian, it might be worth a shot.

3. slygeezer

slygeezer Member

Thank you, Zebedee! Looks like McAfee leaves nothing unguarded these days. I disabled my virus scan and the rest of the installation went off without a hitch. So now I've got both 5.0.1 and the portrait and voice pack loaded and everything seems to be working.

I had rushed right out to buy TOEE when it came out, but gave up in disgust half way through. If it hadn't been for the Co8 mention in that PC Gamer article, TOEE would still be gathering dust in the back of the drawer. A BIG thanks to all the Circle of Eight team for putting the joy back into one of my all time best PnP modules!

:clap: :joy: :clap: :joy: :clap: :joy:

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Our Host!