Front End doesn't work...so how do you tell if the mod is installed?

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Decado, Aug 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Decado

Decado Member

I installed the mod with no problems, but was I try to launch Front End I get an error "the program failed to innitialize properly". I can launch the game using ToEE shortcut, but there doesn't seem to be any indication of a mod being installed (despite me running the installation program). Is there a way to install the mod manually if you need TempleFrontend to install it?

I'm referring to v. 5.0.

thanks

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

The error you are referring to in 99.99% cases means that you don't have the .NET Framework v1.1 or above installed, which is essential for the ToEEFE to function. The details on this problem and where to get the .NET is available here:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1856
    (see post #23 or somewhere around it).

Note that I recommend you to get .NET Framework v2.0 (NOT version 1.1).

This topic is moved to the general ToEE discussion forum because it doesn't belong to General Modification.

- Agetian

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

If you left the Front End option checked when installing the mod then you have the Front End version of the mod installed and no, you cannot run the mod without running Front End. The Front End version of the mod does not overwrite anything, and leaves the original game intact so that you may easily switch to it, or any other mod you install. If you unchecked the Front End option when installing the mod, then the mod will overwrite the original game and you will be able to play the mod without Front End, but you will not be able to play the original game without a clean re-install.

4. Decado

Decado Member

Weird. I didn't see any option to install Frontend (looked several times). It just installed.

Anyay, the original suggestion worked. The 5.0.0 mod now works...but I can't figure out how to install 5.0.1. I don't see any installation instructions for the "patch" anywhere. I tried just coping the folder to the TOEE directory, but that caused the game to crash after character creation.

How do you install the patch(es)?

thanks

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

The option to install the front end is when you select which parts of v5 to installs. It's a white box which is checked by default. Other options on that part of the installation screen are whether to install desperate housewives or not, whether to install Allyx's shopmap or not, whether to start out naked or not etc.

------------------------

From the OP of the thread for cumulative fixpack:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3561

So open up frontend. Select v5 module. Load it.

Then exit back out of the game.

Then extract the cumulative fix pack into your ToEE main folder. If a fix in that thread isn't noted as being part of the cumulative fix pack, then it isn't part of the cumulative fixpack and you may have to find the right place to put the files for yourself if you can't wait for it to be made part of the fixpack.

Then go into your data/scr folder and delete all the files with the extension .PYC (note: DO NOT delete the files with the extension .PY)

------------------------------

To be honest, I'm not sure what you've done with your install Decado. It could well be fubar beyond all hope of reclamation and a new install may be the way to go. If you are really stuck, come onto the IRC channel or grab me on yahoo and I'll walk you through step by step.

6. Decado

Decado Member

Thanks! I'll try that :)

7. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@Decado: When you install a Co8 MOD, it should be listed as an installed program in Add or Remove Programs of the Control Panel. Someone can delete an entire program folder in Windows, but if it is not uninstalled using Add or Remove Programs, its settings are still in the Windows registry.

Our Host!