Experience issue problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gnouk Gnouk, Aug 24, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

Hello,

First, sorry for my poor english, we, Frenchies, are not so good with it.

Then, I play with CO8 8.1 mod pack and I have an issue with Experience. Each time I run the encounter with Lareth (and kill jim, 'cause I like to kill him and is pretty face), One of my character dosen't earn experience for this.

I don't know if that issue has always been answered to someone, but I don't understand why.

Anyone to enlighted me, please ?

Gnouk

2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

One reason is if a character dies during combat, they will not get experience. Another is if you are high enough level, weaker opponents eventually stop giving experience. I think anything with a CR 8 points lower than the PCs character level stops giving XP.

3. florian1

florian1 Established Member

To find out what the problem is, I would suggest sending your save file that includes the combat in which one of your PCs doesn't earn any XP.

You can send it to templeplushelp@gmail.com.

Temple+ support is at https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/temple-support.98897/

You should go to the support site, and scroll down a bit, until you see where to find your save files, and exactly which files need to be attached to your email.

4. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

None of my characters dies in combat. And for the average level, they are all the same level (4)
    My party (CN alignement) is :
    • dwarf warrior (4) - CN
    • human warrior (4) - CG
    • human cleric (4) - CN
    • elf ranger (2) / Druid (2) - CN
    • elf wizard (4) - NN
    • Halfing Thief (2)/Bard(2) - CG
    • Gnome Sorcerer (3) / Thief (1) - CN

Before I fight Lareth and his henchmens, all have the same amount of experience. After the fight, all have the same amount, except the Gnome.

In my previous NG and LG Team, there was always the Paladin that experiences the same thing. I tought it was linked to alignement and some thing in link with the boots of Lareth that are described with an Evil Aura. But here, my Gnome isn't a Paladin !

5. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

I sent you some files (because I don't know which you want. they have the same name but different extensions :
    upload_2019-8-25_20-14-22.png

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You did the right thing sending all of the files for that save.

Was your previous party a group of 7 PC's also?

7. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

Yep. 7 guys party.

8. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

I have another Issue with the Merchants.
    I was attacked by the assassin and defeat him after selling Lareth boots to the merchants. I go to Burn and tell him I was attacked. He ask to investigate. With the merchant I chosse the combat option. The fight begin. I hit Rannos. The he stop the fight and says his want not to die. But instead disappear with dust, the fight stop and begin again and again. they never vanished. In my previous games, I had not this problem

9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Your character is suffering the multiclass xp penalty as per the rules.
    If you're using Temple+ (are you?) you can disable this in the configuration utility.

10. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

My bad. I didin't notice Gnomes favorite class was bard and not Sorcerer like a classic ADnD... It looks like you right...
    And no, I don't use Temple+ (because I didn't knew it), but I surely will

Our Host!