Encumbered NPCs won't trade or drop

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Timothy Cook, Apr 20, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Timothy Cook

Timothy Cook Member

I currently have the Bard NPC from Hommlet which annoyingly complains like a girl every time he loots, because he is encumbered. I take him to a place to barter, but he won't drop anything or allow a trade.

Is there a way to lighten his inventory without killing him?

2. mjck7

mjck7 Member

Welcome aboard Timothy Cook! :D Are you running any of the patches on your game? This has happened to me before. What I did is I went out of the barter then re-entered it. If the items were not sold, sometimes I was able to move the items from their inventory to my party members' inventory, but only after I re-entered the barter screen. Hope that helps!

3. Timothy Cook

Timothy Cook Member

I have Patch 1 installed and hoping that Patch 2 will solve this issue and many if others I've encountered. I will try your suggestion and post the results. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

4. Grey

Grey Member

You can also simply let Zaxis get killed, which avoids you killing him yourself, although you may not like that idea any better - but at least he doesn't show up in your kill stats, and you don't get XP for killing him...

5. taltamir

taltamir Established Member

kill him, remove his intestines, vital organs, balls, and brain, then resurrect him, and viola, he instantly weighs less (unforunately thats not an option, just kill the bugger, craft yourself some gloves of strength +6, and carry all your stuff yourself... mm, and dont use an npc, if you REALLY want to use one, load him with some light items to fill in slots and give him gloves of strength, then he will not be encumbered all the time...)

6. Sagenlicht

Sagenlicht Established Member

Hmm indeed, this does not solve your problem now, but if you really want to play this game with nsc´s (it isn´t nescessary) then you should as taltamir mentioned fill up their inventory with light items like scrolls. Just be carefull that you remove those filllers before you enter a store as else they will sell them.

There exist also some nsc´s that doesn´t loot or loot only money. Those don´t get overburdend too.

Our Host!