easter eggs, eye candy, and brain food

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by krunch, Feb 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

WooHoo, Easter Eggs and lots more - oohhh joy - I am seeing all the new stuff in action and, totally, am enjoying all of it.

Here's a "Let's have some fun thread" for people playing the KotB Demo.

What is drawn on the walls in the lizard man cave?

Has anyone found a book?..a toy?...any other unusual new thing?

Isn't the music in the pub addictively enjoyable?

Where can you find arrows and bolts sold at in the Keep? (do not say no because yes you can)

What does the unexpected character popup chatter read when someone in your party steals a big sword or a big axe from a shop...and other new character popup chatter reads?

Can anyone tell me what the creature is that befriends the Mad Hermit? Ain't it just ssooo cool of a new creature?

Am I the only one to find the Troika marker (see below)?

Have you noticed something, anything new or different in KotB and you really like it - made you smile, laugh or think that's ssooo cool? Well, here's your chance to post about it and be heard in this thread.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  2. bytor

bytor Member

After some frustration trying to find/solve the "billy the sniper" quest(with no luck-guess time ran out), I got a nice laugh on the 2nd floor of the tower next to the main gate. Allyx you need to get out once in awhile and stretch your legs.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ah you found Lenny? He's real cute huh? ;)

I haven't seen him in game myself since the early beta's, I recall his dialogue was not something I'd like my daughter to read, especially with my image associated with it, but it'll be a a couple of years yet until that becomes an issue, she's only 5 and just started learning her phonics this year.

4. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

[

Isn't the music in the pub addictively enjoyable? Yes it is

Where can you find arrows and bolts sold at in the Keep? (do not say no because yes you can) It's either the provisioner or the trader ( I can't remember which ). By the way, does the Trader look familiar ? Didn't he run a high-price, low - value store in Hommlet :eyebrow: ??

Am I the only one to find the Troika marker (see below)? Nope, I had a good chuckle when I found it last night.

Have you noticed something, anything new or different in KotB and you really like it - made you smile, laugh or think that's ssooo cool? Well, here's your chance to post about it and be heard in this thread.

****************************************[/QUOTE]
    My "find" is in a dialogue option. I arrived at the Keep just before nightfall, and started exploring the different buildings. One of the buildings I entered was the home of a merchant who said something to the effect of "The store is closed, go away". One of my dialogue options was "Over in Hommlett they know how to serve their customers"

By the way click on some of the cats, some of their "dialogues" are cute in a feline way.

The Royal Canadian

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Oops - haven't been to that room in some years :blush:

There are supposed to be 8 readable gravestones.

6. tkobo

tkobo Member

Are all the cats used as a sort of homage to martix ?

You know, the black cat neo sees as "deja vu", shows that the martix has changed/rewritten/"spawned" something ?

7. Shiningted

No. I just like cats. Although I probably had the Ultima 'Isle of Cats' in the back of my mind. Also, visible spawners are such much easier to work with than invisible ones (which may not even be there :nervous: )

For the record, there are 9 books to read in place (by clicking on them) and 7 notes lying around to pick up and read.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  8. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

I can understand "beer"... but who added "vino"??? :p
    (in case someone wonders, that's the word in spanish for "wine")

9. Shiningted

Its latin. Thats the biggest Easter Egg of the all.

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Fanny has the personality of a total flirt.

Chatter popup from the barmaid was a blast to read asking "is that a concentrated search in your pocket or are you glad to see me".

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Did anyone else find a Druid named "Master Bratac", very possibly an SG-1 reference.

In SG-1 Master Bratac is an older, (300 years old) man who wields a staff, and is very wise. He also mentioned "the balance" on a few rare occasions.

Ha Ha! maybe I'm not the only SG-1 fan here. :)

12. Enialus Meliamne

Enialus Meliamne Member

I didn't find him, but you're definitely not the only SG1 guy on here (Though I rarely post, I troll a LOT). 9 seasons on DVD and about to buy season 10 via ITunes.

And btw...thank ALL of the Co8 folks who helped put this masterpiece together. :clap:

13. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Ok, now i know why the barmaid at the green gryphon doesn't pay attention to my 18 charisma half elven MALE bard...but seems very kind and "helpful" with my FEMALE elven cleric... ;)

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Has anyone else noticed a graphic representation of an epic battle between a few lizardmen, and a dragon? It appears to be an ancient charcoal drawing. Maybe troglodytes drew it. ;)

15. Shiningted

Krunch mentioned it in post 1. I'm pretty sure the Lizardmen themselves drew it. ;)

Our Host!