Dumb Question about selling inventory

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Menen, Aug 18, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Menen

Menen Member

Hey, apologies for the dumb question here.

I love this game, but selling off inventory is a real pain. Drag and drop, drag and drop. Drag and drop, drag and drop. Hundreds, heck, thousands of times. And that's on top of going to specific merchants for specific items.

I'm okay with going to different merchants to get the best rates. It works for immersion, at least for me.

But all the dragging and dropping. Please tell me there's another way I don't know about. Double clicking or right clicking or pressing shift plus a click to highlight a lot of items at once so they all be dragged at the same time? Anything?

Please, I'm begging. My poor hand can't take all the dragging and dropping. Every generic helm. Every long sword. All the leather armor.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

If you're using Temple+ you can alt-click.
    Otherwise, just restrict looting to expensive items only.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Only bother with leather early on, otherwise stick to heavy crossbows, longbows, chain and better(red chainmail and Breastplates especially) gems and the like and pump up your Appraise level. Do not sell anything of high value before a value of 10 0r higher(to no more then 19 or 20) . from a value of 6(base rogue skill lvl 4 with int mod of +2) to 16 you get a major increase of things like chain (from around 46 gp to 88 gp)

4. Menen

Menen Member

I'm using Temple+, yes, so I'm excited to try the Alt Click. Been working nonstop the last few days, so I'm hoping to start up a new game tomorrow and try it out. Thank you for letting me know.

sigofmugmor: I tend to agree with you intellectually. Unfortunately, I don't why, but there's something in me. I can't stand the idea of leaving behind even one little copper piece. I'm a little bit neurotic that way.

Sometimes I do sell off stuff too early, though. That's a good point about the value of the Appraise skill. I hate the drag and drop, so I rarely take the time to store items properly until I'm able to better profit from the transaction. One item I almost always sell too early is Rannos' necklace. I'm usually over eager to off load it for the quick coins to either go shopping or start crafting.

Our Host!