Domains

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Shiningted, Feb 13, 2013.

Remove all ads!
?

What Domains do you generally use? (Click all that apply).

Poll closed Apr 14, 2013.
  1. Air

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. Animal

2 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Chaos

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Death

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  5. Destruction

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Earth

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  7. Evil

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  8. Fire

11 vote(s)
    26.2%
  9. Healing

15 vote(s)
    35.7%
  10. Knowledge

3 vote(s)
    7.1%
  11. Law

16 vote(s)
    38.1%
  12. Luck

12 vote(s)
    28.6%
  13. Magic

7 vote(s)
    16.7%
  14. Plant

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  15. Protection

9 vote(s)
    21.4%
  16. Strength

26 vote(s)
    61.9%
  17. Travel

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  18. Trickery

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  19. Water

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Can folks please complete the poll so I can see which Domains actually get used? I want to try to add a few missing Domain spells and will concentrate where thay are needed. I'd also like to know if there are any Domains no-one uses (for my own nefarious purposes).

I haven't included 'Good', 'War' or 'Sun' as I reckon those are givens. You can pick more than one poll option, so post all you use please.

2. Shiningted

O and comments welcome :)

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I used to use Strength, but then found the crafty goodness of holy axiomatic weapons...

4. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Law and War if I use a Good aligned Cleric.

Destruction and Chaos for the more Evil aligned... Cuthbert has Destruction though... might try a Law, Destruction Cleric at some point >_>

5. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

I tend to use the ones that have the cooler special abilities more then based on their domain spells or crafting thus luck, animal and streagth and sun..I do use healing for the extra healing domain spells though.
    I also like to multi class Elmo into Cleric since he is of the old faith and gives a god and domain choices for the old faith not avaliable to PC's...I wonder what other NPC's might have gods not avaliable to the PC's if you multi class. Spungior talks about how he worships Drelb wonder what domain choices he would have if I gave him a cleric level.

6. Goshi3156

Goshi3156 Dire Badger

Old Faith (Animal, Earth, Plant, Sun) - Worshiped by Cavanaugh the Beggar, Elmo, Hruda, Meleny and Otis
    Zuggtmoy (Earth, Air, Fire, Plant, Water) - Worshiped by Ashrem, Raimol and Zert
    Lolth (Chaos, Destruction, Evil, Trickery) - Worshiped by Lareth
    Procan (Air, Trickery, Water) - Worshiped by Bertam

The following are only worshiped by non-recruitable units but can be added to any toon using console commands.
    Iuz (Chaos, Evil, Trickery)
    Norebo (Chaos, Luck, Trickery)
    Pyremeus (Evil, Fire, Trickery)
    Ralishaz (Chaos, Luck, Trickery)

As a recruitable NPC, Spugnoir worships Boccob.

7. Shiningted

I pretty sure Boccob is some sort of Drelb. They're really uncaring.

"Luck", eh? I think I can come up with a spell for that.

8. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

When crafting and using a good party, I choose Good and Law domains so that I can craft holy axiomatic weapons.

When not crafting, I choose Healing and Sun domains. I choose the Healing domain because that is the cleric's primary role in the party. I only choose the Sun domain for its amazing special ability involving turning undead.

The recruitable NPC Ronald Rynnrathi has the Law and Strength domains, so those are the domains that I use whenever Ronald is in my party.

I don't know which domains that I will choose when I play my first evil party - maybe Evil and Chaos so that I can craft unholy anarchic weapons.

The recruitable NPC Lareth has the Evil and Magic domains, and the recruitable NPC Ashrem has the Chaos and Plant domains, so those are the domains that I would use whenever Lareth and/or Ashrem are in my party.

9. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Clerics of Obad Dai with Fire/Water/Earth/Air domain (or druid) and 1 level of wizard is route to staves of elemental command - Air domain is especially fun as gaseous form addresses most animal companion issues and you get Chain Lightning as Air5

Rebuking greater salamanders seems impossible though.....

Compulsory LN Wee Jas clerics have Death and Magic (power sucks but chance of getting Minor Globe of Invulnerability off in time in AoH and Hickory Wood is doubled)

I'd like to see a Summoning domain (as per Trithereon)

10. zugschef

zugschef Established Member

*looks at cleric spell list*
    *reads hold person, bestow curse, divine power, righteous might, banishment, holy word, etc.*
    *looks at you in disbelief*

11. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Far be it from ME to notice this. But isn't GOOD a domain? It's the first one I looked for.

12. maalri

maalri Immortal

Agreed and I thought War was too, but that may not be in ToEE.

Good and Law, or Good and War (if it is available) are my first and second choices, as my clerics tend to be fighting types.

13. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

I normally go with a Cleric of Pelor, Good & Sun ( clasic to boredom, what can I say ;)
    BUT, I usually (99.99999% of times I play) I give my Fighter of Kord a level of Cleric with Strength (obviously, being a champion of Kord, hee hee) and Luck (very useful at low levels, when I set it to re-roll missed attack rolls, later on change to missed crits)

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We have no way of knowing what Ted really meant. If only he had left a clue!

15. Shiningted

I should have left out Healing too: its pretty much a given, and has all its spells.
    Play nicely, zugschef. Many people think CoDzilla should be left in Neo-Tokyo.

Our Host!