Does anyone use IRC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cerulean the Blue, Oct 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I visit there often, but the only one I ever see there is Sol, and all I ever hear is the echos of my own words.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I used to go there once in a while. Morpheus used to be there, and sometimes Allyx. The last few times I visited it was just me and Sol, and Sol doesn't always say much. Or just me and me, and that's no fun. If you're going to be there I'll check back in from time to time.

Edit: So I go there thinking I'll cheer Blue up, and BLAMO - it's a cruel trick! The friggin' place is a ghost town! ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2005
  3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

nope I don't, I just can be bothered

4. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

I never really think of it, truth to tell. I'll have to start going. That way, I won't be spamming up the forum with some of my cohorts...who shall remain nameless. Those elitist pricks know who they are, anyway....;)

Now if someone would just tell me how to use it...

5. Gaear

<Looks down nose and accidentally but unapologetically hits Spike in face with scarf as I blithely toss it over my shoulder>

Hmmm? You said something? Go away, little fly, I'm much too busy for the likes of you.

:yawn:

(In RL I'm more often misjudged as the a-hole instead of the snob, so this is kind of new territory for me. Please be patient.)

6. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I don't use it, but mainly because I'm mostly on MSN/ICQ and, therefore, have little time for IRC :)
    I'll try to sign in there sometimes though.

- Agetian

7. Lord_Spike

I fear that I am misjudged as well...while I'm always a superior SOB, I don't really mean to be as a rule. This usually only occurs when the kindness factor is taken for weakness...then I am truly a superior SOB - on purpose.

8. Cerulean the Blue

Hey, I been there all night since before I started this thread. I don't know how you missed me. Of course, Sol and I have just been sitting there silently. But I was there.

Oh, and I'm an elitist intellectual snob. Does that count?

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I stopped using IRC years ago...requires a nicely edited warbot running in the background to fend off troublesome problem-makers.

10. Gaear

Go to www.mirc.com . Find the "download mIRC" link and download. Install. Run. When you get on, select "Gamesurge random US server" or something like that from the connections list. Then type in "#co8" in the join field and you're in.

That's much more preferable, to be honest. If you can take up that role for us here, Blue, then me and Spike can go back to being just regular old a-holes.

Update: OK, so I'm back on the IRC again. Blue's there this time, but he's giving me the silent treatment. Instead I'm bullshitting with Sol. :scratchhe Will keep you posted.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

so I decide to have a go at the irc thing and there's only Sol there and he's not being talkative

12. Gaear

You should've been there earlier. Blue finally woke up, and me and him and Sol had lengthy, productive discussions on everything. We'll be advising you all on what we decided - terms and conditions for the "new" Co8 and so on.

FYI some of you are out, but we can do that cause we're elite. If you want to be cool and be an insider, get on the IRC. ;)

13. Lord_Spike

Well, just as I suspected...way to tough for the likes of me. Keeps NOT letting me on. I guess I need to get the secret friggin' handshake or something.

Back to spamming for me...

14. Cerulean the Blue

I use Trillian. It's free, and lets me be on IRC, ICQ, AIM, MSN and Yahoo simultainiously. So few people want to talk to me online that I need to keep all my options available. I'm actually on all 5 right now.

15. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You just have to take the red pill.

Well, back in the days when I tried to get this IRC chan going, it was VERY hard to actually convince people to visit it. It was mostly just Allyx, Gaear, Sol and me. The 1337 crowd, you know. ;)

Haven't been there myself for some time now, but I'll pop in again soon, just to see what you naughty kids are up to ...

Our Host!