.dll fixes post your request here...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by bradrinwi, Jan 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

Hi since im doing some very majour modifying of the .dll and .dats

I might as well have a list of "fixes"that need to be done so i can as my skill and time permits work on those while i have the whole thing in pieces...

so id like post listing/detailing the needed fixes so i can as im doing final code checks look for possible fixes as Im going thru the relevant sections of temple.dll and the data files..

thanks
    Brad

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

My top 7 .dll fixes.

1) make non-PC's provoke attacks of opertunities from drinking potions.
    2) allow rogues to select bonus feats (like the one they get at 10th level) at level's 13 16 and 19 (currently no options are selectable).
    3) allow rangers to select thier favoured enemies (at level's 15 and 20).
    4) fix the shocking burst effect (currently does negative energy damage).
    5) fix the armor spell resistance (13) effect.
    6) fix the magical armor/shield bug where if you select a +1 (or +2) item for enchanting, it becomes +3 for free.
    7) fix it so an item MUST be masterwork before you can enchant it (magical items in game already should be marked as masterwork) to avoid the "magic weapon spell" bug (where you can make a normal weapon magical permanantly by enchanting it further, without it being a masterwork weapon).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I'm not sure what you're asking here, Allyx. In 3.5, DR/Magic is DR/Magic. The plus of the weapon is meaningless. Or are you talking about something else?

ETA: dll related woes for me, in addition to those listed by Allyx:

Monster Fast Healing does not function, or if it does, it works incorrectly. It should heal the listed amount every round on the creature's turn. It doesn't.

Improved Invisibility allows infinite AOOs.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It's probably asking a lot, but can you add crafting to be able to make +4 and +5 magic items?

Also, how about fixing the broken AoO Attacks in the Temple Nodes when using Scather or Fragarach?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  5. Allyx

Ah, ok. that is what I meant but I didn't realise that got changed.

6. Kalshane

I'm not sure if it's a dll issue or a spell issue or what, but the unclassified damage from Holy Smite and the sacred damage from (half of) Flamestrike gets resisted by any and all forms of DR and Energy Resistance, making them worthless against any creature with those abilities, when in reality it should punch through all resistances. Nothing more frustrating than hitting a demon with pure goodness and have them take no damage.

7. Allyx

Would making those spells do force damage instead fix this?

8. Kalshane

More than likely. It's not by the rules, and force effects have the added bonus of always hitting incorporeal creatures, but I don't think the incorporeal type was properly implemented in ToEE anyway and there's only a handful of them to begin with. I don't suppose there's a way to change the damage to "Holy" or maybe even positive energy (if it will actually do damage rather than heal things) is there? Just remember Flamestrike is half fire and half "sacred" whereas Holy Smite is unnamed, but pretty much all sacred. (I think Holy Smite works correctly in the amount of damage it applies to creatures of various alignments. I can drop it with my good party members mixed in with the baddies and my PCs take no damage unless I forget that one of them was neutral, which is as it should be.)

9. bradrinwi

okay 1 i can check 2 and 3 i believe i can fix im working in that area anyways
    4 ive no idea but ill see .
    5&??

7 ishould be able to set the fl;ag properly...

10. bradrinwi

kalshane and krunch those things i should be able to do .

+4+5 items is actually pretty easy i just have to increase the legal max varible...for craft"X"
    and the monster fast healing i can check out

im not sure about the AoO problems mentioned ill look at those..

also i seem to recall some thiefy skill bug with baack stab or hide/move silently...

f

???

the spell damage/effects stuff i havent looked at much .. so ill have to do some exploring ...

you know i realize how much of a bugger assem is but then Im a c,ada,vb and all variants from fourth to java geek....youd think troika would have actual assem programers.. and that some of thise was just plain ..rushed just to say finished...

11. Kalshane

Yeah, DR got a huge overhaul in 3.5. It's no longer a tiered system with special materials at the bottom and magical plusses at the top. Now, if you don't have the specific thing the DR requires, you don't punch through it. On the other hand, most creatures' DR ratings have been lowered to compensate, so a fighter with power attack can still force his way through with a substandard weapon. The different types off the top of my head are:

Silver
    Cold Iron
    Magic
    Good (Holy)
    Evil (Unholy)
    Chaotic
    Lawful
    Bludgeoning
    Slashing
    Adamantine
    Piercing
    Epic (Weapons of +6 or higher)
    -- (All)

To make things more fun, they can be combined, such as "cold iron or good" which means you can use a cold iron or holy weapon to bypass, or "cold iron and good" which means you need a cold iron weapon that is also holy to bypass. Weaker demons tend to have the former, while powerful demons tend to have the latter.

Also, adamantine no longer counts as an automatically magical weapon. It simply bypasses hardness on objects and is needed to bypass certain DRs (such as that of constructs)

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Goodonya Brad, Allyx has listed pretty much everything that bothers me.

Fragarach and Scather could be 'fixed' if a limit to the number of AoOs can be set. Does the engine even support that? If not, I should think it might be a pain (as much as we might want it).

Does adamantine do anything at all in the game? Is it even recognised? If not, fix please :) If so, my bad - lets make more use of it!

Also, if you get a chance Brad, can you have a kwik look at the combat taunts flag in the toee.cfg file: you'll probably find it by searching for a call to string 10275ae8_combat_taunts. Does changing this bit of the .cfg file actually do anything? Does the .dll even recognise it?

13. Kalshane

I don't think it exists at all. I know there's no Monster DR Adamantine setting in the protos (though I think the Juggernaut is the only monster that would use it) and the only items in the game that are made of Adamantine are Cujo's Dwarven Plate and Adamantine Breastplate.

Speaking of new items, anyone have any objections to me protosing in some Mithral Plate? (And have a number I can use?) It would still use the standard silver fullplate model, as I have no skills, but I think it would be a welcome addition to the game. I feel kind of silly having my Dex 16 paladin running around in a breastplate.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

6339 isn't being used atm - I personally would use the shiny full plate model, its nice and silvery shiny, or I could make a sliver verson of the gilded plate.

15. Kalshane

Thanks and done. If you want to silver the gold full plate, it would be great to have a distinct look for mithral plate, but for now it's just using the normal shiny silver plate model.

Our Host!