Dispel Bug

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, Apr 25, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I have noticed that spells higher than 3rd level can't seem to be dispelled (at least those that use the standard dispel handler). So spells like improved invisibility, fire shield, freedom of movement and similar spells can't be dispelled. Dispel magic doesn't seem to notice those spells at all. I think I have a fix for this to add to temple+. I was wondering if someone would independently verify this issue with their game.

Thanks!

anatoliy likes this.
  2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I can confirm that dispel magic is effective against barkskin but neither dispel magic nor greater dispel magic effects the druidic version of stoneskin.

_doug_ likes this.
  3. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Although I never tested this systematically I have given up using dispel magic some time ago. I remember it being ineffective against practically any spell. If you could fix that would be great if this could be added as a bug fix for the "normal" NC Game (not only Temple+)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  4. _doug_

I plan to fix at least some of the issues such as it not working for spells greater than level 3. But this will be a temple plus fix since it requires replacing a function in the dll.

anatoliy likes this.
  5. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

Do you know the function which fails? If so, can you give the specific name, or address if it is in temple.dll?

6. _doug_

The problem is in DispelCheck(). I have a fix but am waiting until we get this version out to check it in.

anatoliy likes this.
Our Host!