Dialogue Running Over

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Rudy, Apr 12, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Have some modded dialogue (attached) that is too long; Any tricks to get past this?

Beyond the obvious of trimming it down :p

Attached Files:

2. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Figured it out. I'm stupid, as usual.

Attached is some images showing the new dialogue options. The intimidate and bluff options require a +15 in the respective skills, and both lead to her revoking your honorary officership (and thus the fee). Oh, and the bluff option causes paladins to fall, since you are blackmailing her.

The diplomacy option requires +20 in diplomacy, and results in you retaining the officership while not having to pay the fees; basically you become one of her special friends.

Note that at present, these two outcomes are only different for roleplay reasons; there are no actual perks to having the officership to my awareness.

Attached Files:

3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

This is a great idea, thanks! The only way I found around the problem was to kill her right after she gives the location of Hickory Branch.

4. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

Yeah, it just doesn't make any sense at all that there are no roleplay options other than to meekly accept being drafted into her extortionate scheme.

It's all well and good to say that life isn't always fair, but when you're a party of characters with levels in the teens in D&D, there is pretty much nothing short of the gods that can get away with ordering you around if you don't want them to.

5. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Exactly... even if a party had an option to swear fealty to the Viscount, they'd answer directly to him, not some scheming flunky. I mean, really... what did Captain Asaph ever do to deserve being displaced by Bethany? Now, the guy who releases prisoners and sends the party after them... he actually deserves that fate.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The same thing that so many people do IRL - failed to play the game and made himself vulnerable to the machinations of an up and coming schemer. :p

The reason there were no actual outcomes there, but the framework for outcomes, was obviously so it could eventually be done. Good job. :thumbsup:

7. Rudy

Rudy Established Member

In addition to what Gaear said, he did fail to acknowledge a super threatening gathering of orcs/giants/liches etc. Asaph may be a nice enough guy, and Bethany a bitch, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be captain, which is why him losing his job doesn't particularly bother me. From the perspective of the safety of the city, having an effective and astute captain who is also a self-interested ass is better than having a nice, complacent one. As long as she gets the job done, a little corruption isn't going to be devastating.

Our Host!