Demons Age: new turn-based crpg coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ManosFate, Jul 31, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks dude, good to see you around :thumbsup:

Turn-based on Xbox and PS4 - what will they think of next ;)

3. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Giving both consoles the Divinity: Original Sin updated and expanded versions of the game? :)

4. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Thanks! Sadly (or maybe not sadly) I spend most of my free time writing/publishing those RPG modules. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned it in these forums, but I wrote my grand homage module to G1 and published it as a DCC RPG adventure (you can check it out here... Stronghold of the Wood Giant Shaman)

So while my modding skills never got good enough to do a ToEE-engine based giant adventure, at least I could write one :)

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Does the DCC use an open source D20 rule Set, or does it have a rule set of its own?

Module looks interesting btw. ;)

6. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

DCC RPG uses an OGL license to leverage a lot of the OGL flavored rules, but it is it's own ruleset. I would say the biggest differences in the rules between DCC and a "cleaned up" version of 2E is in the way magic is handled - Joseph Goodman (the author) wanted magic to be mysterious and unpredictable. So a magic missile spell does not always do 1d4+1... sometimes it does incredible damage... and sometimes dealing with the arcane elements of magic may backfire and cause all your hair to permanently turn white. Magic is not something to be trifled with lightly.

Similarly, a lot of the "feats" for fighters have been simplified down into a rule called "Mighty Deeds of Arms" - if you want to attempt something amazing (trip an opponent, do a called shot, etc.) has all been simplified with the same core mechanic.

The early beta rules are still available for free online.
    You can check out the DCC Beta Rules here.

Thanks! It was super fun to write. If you ever played G1, you'll feel the nostalgia, but it's also got a lot of the weird DCC vibe (in DCC it's pretty easy to encounter demons and what not at very low levels.) In the past I've offered complimentary "review copies" - so I'd be happy to shoot you a PDF in exchange for an online blog review somewhere. Just let me know.

7. sirchet

That's very kind of you, but im not sure when I'd even get a chance to try the module out. The folks I play PnP with breath eat and sleep DnD and anything else is sacrilege.

8. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi, just found this thread. Game looks very promising (but so did Pillars of Eternity, what a big let down). But when I tried to find out about release there is really nothing up to date to be found. Only last year information about the game coming Q1 2016. Does anyone know something more specific? Or is this already becoming another Chaos Chronicle story?

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  9. Oleg Ben Loleg

Ok, a couple of days ago Bigmoon Entertainment announced a gamescom presentation later this year in august.

ManosFate likes this.
  10. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

I just did a google news search for this game and limited results to the last month, and it looks like there's several beta reviews up (none in English, but Chrome does a passable job of translating the pages.) So it seems like the game is moving forward. One of the articles mentioned that this is a resurrection of the long-dead Chaos Chronicles game.

11. Oleg Ben Loleg

sirchet likes this.
  12. sirchet

Here's another link to the dev's site with a bit of info in English. Demons Age

13. Oleg Ben Loleg

14. ManosFate

ManosFate Rot Grub Host

Our Host!