Death ward doesn't protect you from a bodak's death gaze ?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by moav, Feb 5, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. moav

moav Member

Is that a bug ?

I know TOEE isn't 100% same as pnp but in theory ;

"The subject is immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. "

Seems like it should work .

Also while we're on the bodak subject , are there any cold iron weapons in the game ?

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

No cold iron weapons that I can remember. As for the spell, not sure, but the bodak's gaze may be a special attack not protected by the spell, or it somehow overcomes the resistance by the bodak's level/power.

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

I believe that the answer is in the description of the spell:

"The subject gains a +4 morale bonus on saves against all death spells and magical death effects. The subject is granted a save to negate such effects even if one is not normally allowed. The subject is immune to energy drain and any negative energy effects, including channeled negative energy."

It only allows a save where none would be before, and it just gives +4 to saves vs Death effects.

I think your character just didn't beat the save, even with the +4.

4. moav

moav Member

Interesting , I wonder why they changed the effect . I guess in a computer game you're going to know what opponents are coming so anything that grants you immunity becomes more powerful .

5. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Dolio fixed it in an add-on for version 6 but he also fixed the Bodaks gaze so they wouldn't run into melee and would sit back and use their gaze from range.

Our Host!