Damned spam!

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Half Knight, Oct 4, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

WTF is happening?

Those damned advertisement links/spam are increasing lately...right now i'm seeing 5 bugs, and the two "guys" are still connected, so i'm sure there will more in a few hours... :anger:

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Maybe not allow new members for awhile?

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

We're working on it. There's never any comprehensive solution to this crap, but I can say I've taken great pleasure a couple of times when I've banned/deleted these fools the very moment they posted their bullshit. :) As HK says, they're easy to spot.

4. GuardianAngel82

Is this a directed spam attack? Or does it occasionally all come together like this? It seems too concentated to be random.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

It happens sometimes.

There'll be a new sherriff in town purdy soon to add some fire power :wyatt:

6. Half Knight

I think the same.
    It looks too focused, and increasing in the last two weeks.

Right now i'm seeing 5 or 6 new "guys", which are being banned now by the Obliterator (not confuse with the Erradicator) i assume :D

Some one angry lately? :eek:_O:

7. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I just finished adding an extra layer of protection for the registration procedure, we'll see if it helps cut the level of bot assault down to size. I'll improve the new protection layer a bit within the next few days, and if possible I'll throw in one more (or replace the current one with a more convoluted one).

Btw, Tal said that the bot attacks are pretty much epidemic today on the boards powered with vB, so we're definitely not the only ones experiencing that.

- Agetian

8. GuardianAngel82

I think they may be the same, but which one is the mild-mannered alter-ego? The Obliterator causes death and destruction for cockroaches, whereas the Eradicator causes destruction and death. :shrug:

People with ego issues are all over the internet. We may have pissed off the mighty spam king, and now we are quivering before his annoying little wrath.

They caught a couple of major spammers a couple of years ago and made them do perp walks. If they went to prison, they should have nothing to do but read spam all day.

The Matrix sequels would have been more successful if they'd had a scene where the door flies open behind a spammer, followed by a slo-mo of pieces of his head flying out the back of his monitor. The audience cheering would have as loud as when the lawyer was slaughtered in Jurassic Park. :raving:

Am I ranting?

9. Half Knight

Psh, seems that the new security didn't worked...check the "new" thread :(
    Cockroaches are immunes even to radiation :roll:

@GA82

The "Attorney general" and "administrator" titles sound very menacing.

He's the Obliterator, reaper of spam!. he'll chop your head without a word. :eek:mg:

The Erradicator on the other hand, is more like the kind of guy that before shooting you, will say something funny for the crowd ;)

10. GuardianAngel82

You're right the Eradicator seems like the guy who removes mistakes, while the Obliterator destroys them. Wait, what if they are both the mild-mannered alter-egos of someone else? :yikes:

11. Half Knight

Wait, what if ALL the modders are the same guy??? :eek:mg:
    Even the spam!!!

Creepy...

12. GuardianAngel82

Okay, it's time for you to know: the rest of you are all figments of my imagination. :google:

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Don't forget Ted now: he'd probably be the 'neutralizer' or something, the guy who holds your hand and comforts you before he puts you to sleep. "I'm sorry you had to be a spammer. It wasn't your fault, you were just born that way. In the end I'll be doing you a favor by putting you out of your misery. Goodnight, you poor misguided soul."

We've got all the bases covered. :evilgrin:

14. Half Knight

LOL :aaaa:

Well, Cujo isn't around, but he was the "Spam-fucker" in that case:

*Clint Eastwood look*
    "Hey fucker, you're fucking banned, if you don't like it suck my dick. If that likes you, fuck off. Fuck." :p

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh... got one! :chainsaw:

Our Host!