Curious bug in Arena

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aquinas, Nov 12, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Sorry if anyone has already commented on this, but I have encountered a odd and rather annoying bug in the final challenge of the Arena.

I have defeated every enemy but the Master doesn't appear. Another oddity (that at first I put down to 8.0.1 change but didn't happen when I ran it a second time) is that the
    Black Wizard and his hench-giants appeared twice the second time triggered by the death of the first black wizard

I've attached my save game.

Attached Files:

2. Zoltec

Zoltec Pгōdigium

Please try this as an alternative solution until someone fixes this issue. What is the mod version you are playing? Are you using the 8.0.1 patch?

Get your party to the original location of the 'Arena Master' then type this properly on your console.

game.obj_create(14578,game.leader.location)

That will spawn the 'Arena Master', so that you may talk to him again for reward and departation. If he doesn't appear (after finishing again the final battle) then type again the command. If he talks about the 'final challenge' again then I have no idea on how to get you out from the loop.

Edit I confirmed in this save game, after I spawn the 'Arena Master' via console (note that 'Aquinas' already finished the final battle). The 'Arena Master' still persists on the final challenge, this means the undead horde will be re-summoned - a continuous loop. This loop will only trigger 'if' the black wizard is 'first' killed and had re-summoned the skel-giants. (I supposed) [location of the black wizard 'NorthEast of Arena'.]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  3. Aquinas

Aquinas Member

Thank you for that. I used an earlier save from before the last battle. That completed as expected so no need to use console. But good to know if it should happen again.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thanks, this will be bulletproofed in the next patch.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
Our Host!