CTD after 3.0.2 & 3.0.3

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Woot, Jun 13, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Woot

Woot Member

Hello all.

After installing TOEE I applied the official 2.0 patch from Atari.

I then renamed the original data & modules folder to data.org and modules.org.

I then extracted the 3.02 patch into the TOEE directory. Everything extracted fine and a new data & modules folder was in place.

When I start the game the Dungeons & Dragons background is up and the game is loading vectors ect at the bottom. When the bar finishes at 100% the game CTD's.

If I rename the data & module folders to data.co8 and modules.co8, and then return data.org and modules.org to their original state, returning the game to original official 2.0 status, the game will start up, load the Atari Logo and Troika Logo, run the loading bar at the bottom and run completely fine from then on out.

The same thing happens with CO8 patch 3.0.3. Must I install the CO8 3.0.0 patch before 3.0.2 and 3.0.3?

If there are any other suggestions please do so. CTD's are not part of my religion.

2. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Copying over the data folder wholesale from v3.0.2 should not be a problem.
    However, I think there are files in the original modules folder which are not in v3.0.2. I believe there's only 1 file in the modules folder in v3.0.2. Copy it and paste it into the original modules folder, replacing the old file for it.

It has worked out for me and quite a few others so I hope you can get these problems settled as well.

3. Woot

Woot Member

Ty

Worked like a charm.

I'll edit the post I made on Atari's forums so this won't go any further.

4. sir_toejam

sir_toejam Member

as far as corrupted files goes... i recommend using this as your text editor:

www.ultraedit.com

ive been using ultraedit for years now for everything from hex editing to html with no errors. it has a great feature set as well.

cheers

Our Host!