Created new spell successfully but casting with wand crashes

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by hellblazer, Mar 4, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

1. I've added new spells to the game in greater shout and druid retreat (to fix the wild shape movement bug). I can cast the spells from the memorized spell list but when I create a wand or clothing item the game crashes when I use the wand or put on the hat.

I have updated rules\spells with the text file.
    I have updated spelllist.mes and spell_enum.mes in the data\rules directory.
    I have updated spell.mes in the data\mes directory.

I can create new items and add existing spells to them with no problem. Is there a file that needs to be updated somewhere other than the ones listed above?

2. On a side note, is there a way to make my new spells show up at the start of the game? if I make my new spells zero level they will only show up after a new character levels up and they never show up with the console command cheats.all_spells_by_class. However I noticed that other new spells added by co8 do in fact show up with cheats.all_spells_by_class.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Did you create prototypes for the new items in protos.tab?

3. hellblazer

hellblazer Established Member

Yes, I used world builder. It is weird. After the wand finishes its animation the character falls prone to the floor. When using the hat after the initial animation the game crashes. The script works fine as a memorized spell. I decided to just make it a zero level druid spell.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Zero level spells may be different as Wizards get them all on lvl 1, unlike the usual 'pick 2' scenario. So there may be some hard-coded list of cantrips that is treated differently. We've just had to remove a new zero level spell from kotB because it caused wonkyness. Try testing it as a level 1 spell.

Our Host!