crash problem with front end over 5 player characters

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Orcus, Feb 17, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Orcus

Orcus Member

Hi,

I tried this with the new Microsoft nefwork framework 2.0 and toefe 5.0.0 with
    the changing player chars from 4-8 . when I do go over the normal 5 pc the computer
    crashes after I go to the character creation table in Welcome Wench Inn.

Anybody have a suggestion?

thanks,

Orcus

2. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

What do you mean by 4-8? You can change from 5-3 to 3-5,4-4, 6-2,7-1,8-0. However, if you mean you cannot change AFTER you start the game, I wouldn't know. Never tried that. If you want to play the game with more than 5 PC why don't you start it already with more than 5, instead of trying the inn?(unless you don't want to gain some experience first???? with your first characters I mean......)

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

That's an old bug that was fixed by subsequent versions of the 5.0.x CMF.

4. Grumolch

Grumolch Member

I'm having the same issue, and I'm trying to navigate these forums to find a solution, but I'm very new here, and there are so many abbreviations that I'm clueless about.

I just downloaded what I assumed was the most recent version of your mod pack (Circle of Eight Mod pack 5.0.0) and it states that this is the 3.80 Front end. I created a new party after setting max pc's to 8-0 and started the game fine with 5 characters. I added a monk pc from the Inn a short while later. I went back to the inn wanting to create a ranger to add to the crew, and the game crashes to desktop when I click on the book.

I'm not sure exactly what I did wrong, or what I should be doing. As I'm having difficulty navigating this forum, perhaps you could help me with a link to what might address this problem, or if you're feeling generous, post instructions as if you're writing a novel called 'Mod Packs for Dummies'

What exactly is CMF, anyway?

Thanks kindly,
    Gary

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

CMF = Cumulative Modifications and Fixes

They can be found in this thread.

Our Host!