Craft Mgk Arms/Armor CTD

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by anoldman, Oct 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. anoldman

anoldman Member

I used to have the same problem with some of the other craft feats but I downloaded a file that mentioned something about character length being to large... 226 or 217 or somesuch?

Anyway after I cut and pasted his .mes mod my craft wands/wonderous items worked so I took craft armor/arms for cleric and CTD whenever I open clerics radial menu and select the feat.

Anyone have a link to fixing this?

I have downloaded Fanpatch 1.0.0

Thanks for the awesome patch efforts. You all have really made a huge difference in my enjoyment of the game.

Thanks again for any craft armor/arms help,
    An Old Man (Northern VA)

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

That'd be my metamagic fix and it was 210 chars :D, anyway are you getting this when just selectign the feat? or on mousing over somethign? There is a known issue with the exe not fanfix patch that has some issues with the craft items feats that will cause a CTD. One such issue is crafting a wonderous item then going to crafter arms.. bam CTD. I think that issue is something up to troika to fix though since it is an exe issue. BUT just in case what you're doing is unique describe it in detail of what how your doing it :D

3. anoldman

anoldman Member

Phalyzr is Great!! =)

Thanks Phalyzr, I checked after I posted and saw it was your link I used that fixed the craft wonderous items "spell_none" problems... Thanks! :)

My cleric is level 5 leveling up to level 6. I go up a level, assign skill points, pick craft magic arms and armor feat, click finish... no problems.

I am in Hommlet (I tried inside the inn vs. outside the inn). I then select craft magic arms/armor from radial menu and... crash.

I dont see any others screen or anything else, just instant desktop. I am going to try and go back (I have a save game at ever level up before I level up :D) and try to give to my wizard to see if it makes a difference.

I have a GeForce 3, AMD 1.4, 512ram... I will let you know what happens with wizard.

Thank you again Phalyzr, and all other CO8'ers!!

--AN Old Man (Northern VA)

4. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

:) actually I only did the stuff pertaining to meta-magic crashes after Co8 done the other stuff. Tell us more if you find anythign out from experimenting.

5. anoldman

anoldman Member

ERr... not going crazy... I am not going crazy... I am not going crazy!!!

Lol, ok, not sure why, reloaded level 6 save and gave to wizard and no problems... gave to cleric no problems...

not sure why it worked but happy! :)

I hypothesize that it heard Phalyzr was on its trail and it picked up its little bug legs and scurried away to some other part of the code... =)

Thanks Phalyzr, I will let you know if I ever come across same bug.

Thanks again!!
    --AN Old Man (Northern... errr... damn senility... oh yes, there it is *squints* ..Virginia!)

Our Host!