Controlling NPC leveling

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by seraglio, Oct 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. seraglio

seraglio Member

Hi all. Just thought I'd drop by and share a discovery I made. Not sure if anyone else has already run into it.

I have been fooling with hex-editors and the gamewiz tool with ToEE. I have been making one charecter then leveling them when I find thier xp in the editor. Once I find thier xp register I add 55K to it and level them all the way to 10 at once to plan feats ands see whats broke etc.

I got meleny in my group and leveled her from level 1 to 10 when gamewiz found where her xp value is. TO my surprise I got the same + sign on her portrait as you get when you level one of your PC's. I was able to multi-class her and choose feats, assign skill points as I normally would for a PC.

I have never seen this when an NPC just gets enough levels to go up one. I think it has something to do with what register gamewiz finds and writes xp to maybe.

Anyway don't know if this is useful to anyone since you have to level her all at once. USeful if you add her late or just level her in 3 or 4 level increments so it bypasses using the awful levelup tab.

Anyway hope that is helpful to someone.

Our Host!