Co8 Module Config File - How To Apply?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by blobka, May 30, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. blobka

blobka Member

Good day/evening/night/morning/afternoon, wonderful people!:)

Few weeks ago I had started a new game, all was going well, I have been playing and receiving a fair portion of fun daily, at evenings mostly of course. Until one evening, that slowly turned into early morning, I felt myself naughty and dare enough to went on and discover other possible ways to improve this wonderful experience, alas I took a stray way to follow, ending up fixated on the file titled 'Co8_config.ini', after this all went downfall.. .:(

Path: ...\Temple of Elemental Evil\modules\ToEE\Co8_config.ini

The thing is there are options available I want to fine tune and it seem it doesn't work midway into the game, the changes I made didn't take effect in the game that has been loaded from save file, in particular these are:
    -Disable new plots.
    -Charm Person nerf.
    -Reduces Stinking Cloud duration.

I made it to the Moathouse's end just towards the door that leads to the Lareth's lair. The encounter with former NPCs from Hommlet's tavern is still in place so are black widow spiders at the exit doorway, can't recall it being in the original game - but can be wrong. Charm Person is still overpowered, at least I didn't notice any difference. I tried to load other, earlier save files - no use/same story but what I didn't try, when I think about, is to leave the location and get back, I guess. :confused:

So the nasty question is rather simple - should I restart the whole thing from the beginning to apply the changes in file or there is something else can be done? Thank you.

All I want is to continue my chillin'-killin' baddies in peace. Would be nice and very generous to make people be aware of the availability of these options somehow in advance. Maybe an extra tiny tabio in TFE-X would do the job. :oops:

What do I use: GOG ToEE/Circle of Eight Modpack 8.1.0 Standard Edition/Temple+ 1.0.64
    (I understand the conjunction with Temple+ can be the thing to blame for)

Kind regards, blobkao_O

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

IIRC it only affects new games (the script that reads the file runs in the shopmap).
    If you care enough to dig in it, you can search the scr folder for the file that reads it.

blobka likes this.
  3. blobka

blobka Member

Oh thank you, kind sir, you were very helpful! Your mod is great! Nya! :)

Our Host!