Co8 5.0.6 Crash Problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Royal Canadian, Nov 9, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    Here's a weird one for you. Using C.O.8 5.0.6 Build 9/28/2008 the game has a CTD at the "prolog" ( read further for details ) when playing a CG or LG party only !! I checked all the other alignments and was able to create the new parties, and arrive in Hommlet without any problems. The Details are as Follows:

Config: Vanilla, Atari Patch 2, C.O.8 5.0.0 (final), C.O.8 5.0.6, TFE-X 2.0a
    Exception Message: None ( the screen goes black and then the game CTD's )
    AV / Firewall Software : Norton AV 2007
    The Problem(s): When playing a CG party, the Games crashes to the desktop right after you see the "Grand Council has been convened" screen, but before the dialogue normally starts. When playing a LG party, the game crashes after the last bandit is killed, but before the dialogue with the surviving caravan merchant begins. As an added test, I activated vanilla ToEE, and was able to get to Hommlet with a party of every alignment. I have attached the Log and Config files for the games that crashed.

The Royal Canadian

Attached Files:

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Post moved to a separate thread because it has nothing to do with ToEE Front-End X, it's a game crash problem, not a front-end crash problem.

- Agetian

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hm, just tested LG and CG and they both work fine for me. It's probably an installation/patching issue. Best to just wait a little bit until the next modpack comes out. That will solve all your problems, but thanks for reporting anyway.

btw, I noticed I've somehow got two Kents running around Hommlet. I'd swear they were not both there before. :twitch: So you led me to that bug anyway, thanks. :)

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I dunno, sounds like a bad install. I've had this happen to me, but a reinstall fixed this.

Our Host!