Co8 - 3.0.4 BETA COMMENTS

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Nomad_Wanderer, Oct 4, 2004.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Please respond here with your 3.0.4 beta Comments.

2. Jota

Jota Member

Hi there. well i dont know if this is the right tread, but here he goes.

After install the XPSP2 and install the 3.0.4 Mod i still cant loot and have the error message when i exit game. Do i need to reinstall TOEE?

thanks?

3. Nomad_Wanderer

I would say that you have an old install of the 3.0.4 modpack, or the install didn't work correctly.

could you tell me if you have a backupdata directory in your toee directory? (click on my computer, and then navigate to where you installed TOEE..)

The issue is that there were a few fixes that slipped in AFTER I built the 3.0.4, and I was lazy and didn't want to rebuild the release notes, so I rebuilt the patch, WITHOUT bumping the version number.

So, there's actually 3 different versions of the 3.0.4 patch out there.... (I know, I know, it's ugly, I won't do it again).

The way you can tell the difference between the three versions is by the backup directory in your TOEE directory.

Let me know.

4. Jota

Jota Member

Yes i have this Path "E\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\backupdata\temple.dll"

and "E\Program Files\Atari\Temple of Elemental Evil\temple.dll" from 26/09/2004

Well thats what i got.

I hope this information can help.

Im here lurking on this forums for months now and decide it was the time to say something, at least thanks for your work.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  5. Jota

Jota Member

Ok, i download the Mod version from the Atari Forums and now it works fine, but now i cant select my party members by click on them, the some problem as someone said on the Ataris forums.

Well if i encounter more problems i post them here.

Thanks.

6. Auldar

Auldar Member

Hello! Long time no see :)

I thought I'd revisit this game after a long break after finishing it ages ago. You guys have done amazing things in that time!

Using Patch 2, and 3.0.4 beta, I noticed my Sorc was able to cast an infinite amount of "Read Magic" spells. I thought after my 0 level spells ran out it would use Level 1 spells, but it didn't reduce my Level 1 spells and kept on casting.

Not a big deal tho.

-Auldar

7. Death Adder

Death Adder Member

The 3.0.4 beta is impressive. I've liked some of the changes I see.

Quick question though. My Wizards and Clerics have the higher level spell slots and I can fill them by Maximizing/Quickening/etc. spells. However, I can never cast them, because the radial menu still only shows spell selections up to level 5. Anything I can do to fix it?

8. Shiftyjim

Shiftyjim Member

I'm sure it's all down to what level you are. You get 1, poss 2, level 6 spell slots when your caster reaches lvl 10 but you can only CAST level 6 spells when your caster reaches lvl 11+.

At least i think thats how it works.

Even then you need a small fix to get them to correctly display on the radial menu but you can still select them without this.

Hope this helps!!

9. Nomad_Wanderer

Yeah. There is a beta branch, that is really up to date, though less stable..

It's more work to use, but has the latest stuff.

(ie. there's no installer)

One of the things you mentioned is selection of level 6 spells in the radial menu..

http://www.co8.org/forum//showthread.php?s=&threadid=1111

It's talked about there.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  10. Auldar

Auldar Member

I don't think this is an issue just with the Beta 3.0.4, but I noticed that my dwarf did not get his +4 Dodge bonus vs the Hill Giant. Not a big issue, but I thought I'd mention it.

-Auldar

11. Auldar

Auldar Member

Couple more things:

Cloak of resistance should be limited by caster level. According to the SRD, caster level needs to be 3 times enhancement, yet my level 3 Cleric could create a Cloak of Resistance +3. If I remember my early mods of this game, this should be a simple change.

My Dwarf Fighter runs at the same speed outside of combat as my Half-Orc Barbarian, which is faster than normal characters. I'd expect a dwarf to run at a similar speed to a halfling, and my halfling did run slower than other characters. No idea where this is coming from, it might be a dll hack is required.

-Auldar

12. Auldar

Auldar Member

Another thing (sorry for the multiple posts).

When using the Holy Longsword +1 from pretending to marry the farmers daughter, I have yet to see any Holy damage..

I've fought many undead and still no bonus damage.. Are undead not evil in ToEE? I'll keep trying and I'll see if I register any Holy damage, but various enemies I would have thought were evil don't seem to be, or the Holy enchantment isn't working..

-Auldar

13. Iain

Iain Member

After picking Lareth up, I looted his guards and noticed Lareth was picking up Black Pearls and Tribal Necklaces from the bodies.

Skeletons & zombies are Neutral. Ghasts, ghouls & lacedons are evil. The logbook ego section will tell you the alignments of everything you kill.

14. Auldar

Auldar Member

Thanks Iain,

Holy is working fine, as you pointed out, Skellies are not evil in ToEE. I did get holy damage against the Sea Hag for example.

I've had a look at the SRD, and there is quite a few items that are craftable using Craft Wonderous Items, which are not restricted correctly by level.

I'll post some suggested changes to rules/item_creation.mes when I'm at home, assuming you guys want to have these conform to the SRD?

ie Amulet of Mights Fists should be min level 5 and 3 times enchantment.

Gloves of Dex should be caster level 8 min.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power, CL 6

Cloak of resistance, CL 5 and 3 times enchantment

etc

Let me know if you want me to bother posting the changes.

-Auldar

15. Auldar

Auldar Member

Oh well, it should look something like this. I've only pasted those that I changed (some had levels but were wrong):

{12009}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Invisibility" C7} // dust of disappearance
    {6090}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SNeutralize Poison" C5} // scarab of proof against poison
    {6085}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SResistance" C5} // cloak of resistance +1
    {6086}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SResistance" C6} // cloak of resistance +2
    {6087}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SResistance" C9} // cloak of resistance +3
    {6058}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SInvisibility" "Rrace_elf" C3} // cloak of elvenkind

{6240}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBears Endurance" C8} // amulet of health +2
    {6241}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBears Endurance" C8} // amulet of health +4
    {6242}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBears Endurance" C8} // amulet of health +6
    {6257}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" C5} // amulet of mighty fists +1
    {6258}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" C6} // amulet of mighty fists +2
    {6259}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" C9} // amulet of mighty fists +3
    {6260}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" C12} // amulet of mighty fists +4
    {6261}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SGreater Magic Fang" C15} // amulet of mighty fists +5

{6243}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBulls Strength" C10} // gloves of giant strength
    {6244}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBulls Strength" C10} // gloves of giant strength

{6245}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SBulls Strength" C6} // gauntlets of ogre power
    {6199}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SCats Grace" C8} // gloves of dexterity +2
    {6200}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SCats Grace" C8} // gloves of dexterity +4
    {6201}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SCats Grace" C8} // gloves of dexterity +6
    {6246}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SFoxs Cunning" C8} // headband of intellect +2
    {6247}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SFoxs Cunning" C8} // headband of intellect +4
    {6248}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SFoxs Cunning" C8} // headband of intellect +6

{6249}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SOwls Wisdom" C8} // amulet of wisdom +2
    {6250}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SOwls Wisdom" C8} // amulet of wisdom +4
    {6251}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SOwls Wisdom" C8} // amulet of wisdom +6

{6271}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "SSearing Light" C6} // Circlet of Blasting, Minor

I couldn't find the "necklace of detection" - the closest match was a Lens of Detection, which should be C9, so if that's what it's intended to be:

{6256}{"FCraft Wondrous Item" "STrue Seeing" C9} // necklace of detection

I don't know if those were intentionally left as they were even though they don't conform to the SRD, but I thought I'd make the changes anyway :p

-Auldar

Our Host!