Circle of Eight Modpack 5.7.x General Commentary and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ranth, Dec 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Gaear just posted 5.7 in the news forum, and a debugging thread in the modification forum. I am looking forward to trying it since I have a couple weeks off. I do have a question though.

Gaear, is there a strategy/game-plan for 5.8, and 5.9? I am not referring to a timetable, I know they will be released when ready, but a plan content wise? Such as 5.8 will introduce Tales of the Wild Coast, 5.9 will debug it some, and then it will be officially released in 6.0?

Thanks,
    -Ranth

P.S. Thanks for all of the hard work. We all appreciate it greatly.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: 5.7 Released

It remains unclear. What we do have is in fact the timetable, or at least the framework for it, which says that a 5.8 will be released in April 2010, a 5.9 will be released in August 2010, and a 6.0 will be released in December 2010. I honestly have no idea at this time when/if/how TotWC will be worked in.

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Probably depends on work completed by that time. With some last minute switching around.

4. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

How much the exp gain has been reduced?

5. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I can't tell yet how much experience has been reduced. I'm just heading out to nulb now and I'm 5th level. I've done the moathouse and emridy meadows and had a great amount of luck with the assassin. I got the drop on him and just happened to have a tasha's uncontrollable laughter memorized. I figured what the hell, it's the best chance my poor wizard has of not getting slaughtered. I casted it on the assassin and it friggin worked! He failed his save and I nearly fell out of my chair. The rest of the party jumped on him and dropped him like a 2 foot putt. I was pleased and saved quickly.

One thing everyone might like to know is that Jayfie has been fixed officially. He now has the responses, however, I suspect Jayfie and Burne were fooling around because whatever Jayfie had before, Burne caught it now, lol. Now Burne doesn't have dialog options.

6. Necroticpus

I found a bug.

You no longer need to speak with Mona about anything. I went and did Grud's fishhead quest and talked to preston. As soon as you talk to preston for the first time, the dialog gives you the option of telling him that you've already taken care of Mona and she now has the scratch to pay you and when you tell him, then you can go ahead and buy the house for 500, all without ever even having Mona on the screen.

7. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Mother of God.

Code:
    - Reduced experience point percentage modifier to 60% to compensate for increased level gain due to protos overhaul and related modifications.

Is there any way to revert this? Or better yet, this should part as ToEE Front End as setting! :D

8. Gaear

Please post bugs in the bug thread in the Gen Mod forum.

I don't quite understand the degree of your alarm. You can't revert it and still receive support on the modpack. Why would you want to anyway? Do you have some special information that would suggest it's not a suitable percentage?

[edit]

This seems to be shaping up as the 5.7 thread of choice, so we'll rename it appropriately and sticky.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2009
  9. Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus the Avatar

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 5.7.0 General Commentary and Discussion Thread

I hate the idea of getting less xp, thus ending up on lower level. I won't complain or need any support, just send me PM how to do it, pleeease. :D

10. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Was not my intention.

11. Gaear

Are you saying you'd like it changed back? We can do that.

12. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Is BroSmyth saying there will be no masterwork items at all? I really rely on the metal tower shield for my tanks. My gang is getting clobbered because of the low ac's.

13. Necroticpus

Brother Smyth has all of the masterwork stuff. I've been hopping in and out of hommlett and they are there all the time, but he doesn't have anything I would ever use.

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Got the masterwork stuff later on. Finished thru the Hedrack fight and it was about the same as usual. 5 pc's and Fruella, all at level 10. Played good, tho. Lowering the xp to .6 and increasing the hp of the monsters seems to balance out in the long run. Back to theWitcher and MedalofHonor I go.

15. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Nope, just saying sorry that my thread hi-jacked your official threads.

Our Host!