Circle of Eight Mod Pack 5.0.0 FINAL

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Morpheus, Jul 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Here it is!

As usual, Cerulean the Blue prepared the files for this release.

Kudos to him and to all other modders/contributors. You guys rock. :rock:

Please read the Release Notes if you want a detailed list of what's been changed/added since 4.0.0. And believe me, it's a looong list.

IMPORTANT: Read the Installation Instructions carefully. You can't miss them. They're shoved in your face right at the start of the setup. And don't forget to scroll down!

Agetian's ToEE Frontend requires Microsoft .NET. If you install the Frontend, you MUST start the game via the Frontend and choose the module "Co8-5.0.0".

Start a new game. Saved games from earlier Co8 mod pack versions or from the unmodded game will NOT work. You've been warned!

[EDIT by Cerulean the Blue] For those of you who wish to know what is in 5.0.0 without having to download the whole thing, I'm posting the Release Notes in both .doc and .txt format below. These Release Notes are revised, as the ones included with 5.0.0 Final had some unfortunate errors and omissions, for which I apologize. I would request that even if you have already downloaded 5.0.0 Final, please download these revised Release Notes.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Great news on getting another version of the mod ready in the final state! :D This is a great accomplishment of the Circle of Eight team. Thanks to everyone who worked on the mod.

- Agetian

3. ScottyInsane

ScottyInsane Wrestling Addict

Thanks for everything to all modder :)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Hooah! :mrhappy:

[edit]

I decided to check and see what 'hooah' actually means and got this from Wikipedia:

Of course, in this context I meant "that is enough of your drivel--sit down." ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2006
  5. Sokaijin

Sokaijin Established Member

Ditto, and by ditto I mean, Oh never mind. Thanx to the modders who serve to the benefit of all.

6. MB

MB Member

To the modders of TOEE...thanks for all your hard work. I appreciate what you've done to make this an infinitely better game than what was released some 3 years ago.

Btw...does anything need to be deleted from the verbobonc mod or are the files good to go in the 5.0 release?

Thanks.

MB

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The files are good to go, as long as you do not install them over a previous installation of 5.0.0 beta. If you have the beta version installed, you should uninstall it before installing the final 5.0.0 version.

Whether or not you saved games from the beta will be compatible with the final 5.0.0 version will depend on whether or not they were started after you installed the Cumulative Fixes that included the final Verbobonc Fix. If you were having problems in Verbobonc with 5.0.0 beta and the CF, then you will have the same problems in the final 5.0.0 version.

Bottom line is to play it safe and start a new game.

8. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

If I was running the Beta and have installed the CF Final, do I need to uninstall 5.0.0 Beta and download 5.0.0 Final for any reason? Or is the 5.0.0 Final release that same as 5.0.0 Beta with the CF Final?

9. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

It is basically the same. That's why I put the CF Final out there. If you are having problems with the game though, I would recommend uninstalling and installing the 5.0.0 Final.

10. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Thanks, CB - I think I will put off another multi-hour download on my pitiful dial-up as long as possible!

11. Larech

Larech Member

Still waiting for the high speed modem I ordered last month, but I was curious.

On my current dial-up@aohell it would be a 4 hour download.:angry:

So... no 5.0 fun for me yet. :cry:

12. DrakoShade

DrakoShade Philosopher

76 Mb. I'm going to be at this all night.
    Thanks, guys. XD

13. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Super work. Thank you :)

14. philosoph0123

philosoph0123 Member

If this isn't the place to ask this, I apologize...but I am suffering from the looting bug after having downloaded the first two Atari patches and the 5.0.0 CO8 final mod (thank you). Is there anything I forgot to do, such as download an earlier mod version? Thank you for your patience!

15. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

@philosoph0123: Did you start the game via the Frontend and choose the module "Co8-5.0.0"?

Our Host!