Circle of Eight 7.4.0 NC Manual

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Spider Dwarf, Sep 12, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

I'm not a coder or a modder. I'm a gamer who is accomplished at desktop publishing. I'm also fairly competent at web site design as long as I have the right tools. To that end I've created a gaming fan site to which I will be adding content from time to time specific to Temple of Elemental Evil.

The item perhaps of the most interest is the manual that came with Modpack 7.4.0 for which I utilized the flat text files in the package and a desktop publishing app to create an aesthetic looking manual. You can find the site at SpidersRPGWorld. Just follow the link for Module Packages. If any of the Powers that Be here on the forum hold fault with this, send an PM stating as such and the link will deactivated.

Of the other two links at present one is a link to a map of Hommlet for which if you hover over the buildings a pop up window of the interior will appear.

The last link is for the chart listing items that can be created using the Craft Wondrous Items feat. It is built upon the work of The Royal Canadian, Lord Taltimir and others. The first item in the list, Amulet of Health +2 has a pop up associated with it. Hopefully more items will become available in the future; if graphics meeting my standards become available.

Now on to a session of game playing.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Very nice work. :doublethuu

3. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Thank you. :blush: And nice job on the Arena as I've now become undead three times — tough battle on Round 3 and I think I'll go play somewhere else 'til I level up.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Very nice work, are you planning on adding more pictures to the map of Hommlet, like the Druid's Grove and such?

I also found your site to be a wonderful asset for BG additions. ;)

5. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Coming from you, and Gaear, that is a vote of confidence I will treasure. That kind of support makes the hours of coding and graphics work worth it.

To answer your question, my plan is to do the entire game. My one wish is that I could get high-quality screen captures of the game. The JPG files for the world map are just too low of a quality and for some reason my Corel Capture will not work with the game. And each time I try "windowed mode" the game locks up. I need a captured TIF image of at least 600ppi so I can manipulate it the way it deserves.

My intent is to get a good capture of the world map and create hover links on it. That would be a hover and a link to the pertinent areas of the game from the world map. Good thought — lot of work. I really want to flesh out the Craft Wondrous Items portion of the site. I need constructive criticism, and images, on how to work the little java pop ups.

As for the Baldur's Gate portion of the site I pop back and forth between ToEE and BG, when I get the time to play and to code. I would like to get back to BG as I just got my new computer (home built $4,000+), so now I can play games with sound. I ended up playing ToEE 'til 2:00 EST US.

Being handicapped (heart attack) makes it easy to devote my time, being retired for health reasons. Problem is that my other passion, church history takes most of my time. I run four other sites, all of them taking fifty to sixty hours a week. There is a lot of time spent in research and a lot of time in coding the sites.

Long winded aren't I! :)

6. sirchet

Cool, as long as you understand that when you mention me and Gaear in the same sentence like that, you may lead folks to believe that I am in some weird way his equal.

I want to clarify this a little more;

Gaear = TOEE God, dedicated community supporter and the real reason there even IS a TOEE community. And of course talented coder, website manager ... the backbone of Co8.org.

sirchet = helperer outerer, almost adequate tester, dedicated community member and all around awesome guy, (yeah I got that going for me :p )

7. Spider Dwarf

Spider Dwarf Spider

Yeah, but IMHO it takes a lot of folks to make a good community.

And were you blushing when you described yourself.:p

I would never consider myself any way near the stratosphere where Gaear resides. We each have our own skill set, mine just happens to be a hacker at desktop publishing, an Internet site journeyman coder and passing good graphics toucher upper. I just try to help where I can, when I can.

'Tis your commitment to the community that makes you, et al, a valuable component of the Circle of Eight's long-standing worth to the game.

8. sirchet

You got me, often my arm gets sore from patting myself on the back. Heh heh

Our Host!