Challenge runs for ToEE!

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Aikuo, Nov 23, 2017.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
?

Do these challenges seem reasonable?

1. Yes, all of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, one or two of them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. All of them seem too hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aikuo

Aikuo Member

Hiya! Arcanum lover and now helpless ToEE addict here. The weird part? I hate RNG! Hah.

Anyway, here's my plans for some runs I'll be doing. If you think they're good and you like them, feel free to join along and discuss your adventures with these rules! I may be posting videos here at some point, we'll see.

NOTE: Use the Temple+ Config to set the point-buy to whatever number in the configuration under House Rules

Temple+ Settings:
    https://i.imgur.com/8PqQYh6.png

Universal rules (applies to all runs):
    cannot rest in unsafe places
    cannot rest in safe places more than once
    +1 inn use per new area cleared (does not count random encounters)
    +1 inn use per entire party level up (requires EVERYONE to level up, does not count NPCs)

First playthrough rules:
    42-point buy
    8 party system
    may save/reload any time EXCEPT during fights
    may reload auto-saves at any time (example: start of random encounter)

Second playthrough rules:
    54-point buy
    5 party system + 3 npcs
    may reload at the start of a new area
    no random enemy encounters (console your survival skill to 20+ or save before leaving an area)

Third playthrough rules:
    66-point buy
    3 party system + 5 npcs
    no reloading
    no crafting
    no random enemy encounters (console your survival skill to 20+ or save before leaving an area)
    game over = can restart from any point in the beginning of the game at hommlet (to avoid redoing fetch quests)

Note:
    Using an inn or safeplace while already fully healed does not count against "inn uses" (i.e.: to get rid of disease or prepare different spells)
    Using an inn or safeplace to make items/craft equipment/etc is always allowed
    Reloading due to a glitch/crashing/etc is always allowed

Anyway, thanks for reading! If you have any input, I'm all ears. I've based these challenges on what I've seen on here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I found out you can only add a maximum of 5 NPCs. Apparently not something that can be fixed by modding.

Aikuo likes this.
  3. Aikuo

Aikuo Member

Darn! Hm... here's a few ways to solve this:

1) Could make a character in the character generator with the NPC's stats and spells, and then add them after you'd naturally encounter them (using the desk at Hommlet in), adjust their stats/level via console, tell a different NPC to wait upstairs using the Hommlet innkeeper, then go to the real NPC, kill them and take all their items, then recruit the player-generated version of the NPC and the NPC you told to left up stairs, and give them all the items you took off the real one. You wouldn't have voice acting or story stuff, sadly.

2) Have your main character with 18-18-18-18-18-18 stats (96 point-buy) and only 5 NPC recruitables.

3) Change the rules to 50-point buy with 3 party system and 5 NPCs.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Sounds like you are using Temple+... in that case you can just set the point buy to whatever number in the configuration under House Rules.

Aikuo likes this.
  5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Killing too many NPC's in Hommlet will make the whole town hostile towards you, you could try knocking them unconscious, removing their gear, healing them up, then removing them from the party instead.

Our Host!