Can't get things to run on Linux Mint 19.2, looking for help and hand holding

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sturla Snorrison, Nov 23, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sturla Snorrison

Sturla Snorrison Member

I have installed TOEE (GOG version) and Circle of 8 Modpack (newest version) with Wine. I can open up the program through CO8 Modpack icon. (TOEE Front-End X Window)

I can activate the Temple of Elemental Evil but it runs so laggy I basically can't play - even at party creation screen mouse pointer lags so bad I can't even select buttons even though the game does seem to run.

If I try to activate the Circle of 8 Modpak 8.1.0 New Content I immediately get an error with a small popup window that says "TOEE Front-End X encountered a serrious error: IO exception when determining the size of package: invalid CEN header (bad signature) The program cannot continue and will now close"

So two problems- ToEE running so laggy and can't play and new content unable to be activated. I could live with just being able to play TOEE athough I would love to ohave the new content a well.

I am pretty new to Linux and don't know too much about commands and using Terminal, although I was able to install JRE and WINE and stuff. If anybody could help i iwould relly appreciate it. I would love a step by step script for clean working install.

Thank you for your time and any help you might offer.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Should work. Paging @Agetian

Edit: Obviously we can't promise to solve problems with your gear running the vanilla game, but Agetian mentioned that the FrontEnd was certainly meant to be compatible with WINE so here's hoping :)

Our Host!