[Bug] Strange Equipment-Related Lag

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Solifuge, Aug 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Solifuge

Solifuge Member

Overview: I've encountered a rather unusual bug. Upon looting a chest in the Moathouse, I recovered a Masterwork Light Crossbow, but unlike other Crossbows, its Range is listed as 0. Whenever I equip it, my game begins to lag terribly, growing worse over time. The lag persists after saving, quitting, and reloading, but doesn't seem to be present in other saves. I'm fairly certain it's tied to the Crossbow, since it went away the moment I unequipped it.

Any ideas on this one?

System Info: I'm running ToEE with the CoE 5.8.1 Mod and ToEE Front End X v2.2, on Windows XP. Everything was patched in the recommended order, and I haven't had any other problems with the program.

P.S. First post here, but wanted to say this is an awesome piece of modding for a great old game (and D&D Module!). Thanks for all your hard work on this.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I added that (consistent with the module) so I will look at it.

3. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi
    This is weird. I have never had any problem with the Masterwork Light Crossbow that is in the chest in the Moathouse. Just a thought, try giving the Crossbow to an NPC. I always give it to Meleny, and have never had any problems. Just for the record I have done this on two systems, the first being a Win XP laptop running Co8 Mods 5.5 - 5.6 the second is a Windows Vista Laptop running Co8 Mod 5.6 - 5.8NC
    The Royal Canadian

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

The crossbow itself is working as intended for me :p, but I'd bet a lot of cash that the lag you're getting is one of those things that crop up from time to time. I've seen it happen hundreds of millions of times. It's just another glitch but it ain't specifically tied to the crossbow. Unfortunately, there's nothing for it but to restart with a different save and not that particular one because it's corrupted. Maybe you've got a second or third save slot that you can use?

Our Host!