[bug] Co8 NC 7.6.0 : Masterwork Thieves Tools

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Flora, Jan 7, 2013.

Remove all ads!
Tags:
  1. Flora

Flora Member

Hi,
    I've been playing the 7.6 for some days and I've realised that the masterwork thieves tools are bugged because I chucked my thieves tools (the one found in the courtyard of the moathouse) away and i'm now getting -2 to all thieves rolls (disable device and open lock)... :dizzy:
    If necessary I can provide logs and screenshots

Is there a workaround by getting a new pair of normal thieve tools with a console command?

Regards

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

At the risk of stating the obvious, it sounds like you have no tools at all equipped (that would explain the -2). Can you give us a screenshot of the masterwork ones equipped and a skill still showing -2?

Not sure where you can buy the normal ones.... enemy rogues should carry them some of the time, methinks... Lots of masterwork ones in Nulb.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Hi Flora and welcome to the forum.

By the way, did you know that you can right click on an item in your inventory and it will be equipped for you in the correct spot.

The only time this doesn't work is when you have a shield equipped and you right click on a two handed weapon.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

In my current game I found the Thieves tools in the courtyard of the Moathouse.

In the shops I have been offered more for those than for the normal Thieves tools my Rogue started the game with - so I assumed they were Masterwork or magical.
    However when I cast Identify on them suddenly the shops offered exactly the same amount of gold for them as for the normal Thieves tools. I reloaded and kept the strange TT for later.

Now in Nulb I have bought the real "Masterwork Thieves tools" and if I am in a shop the price offered for those is the exact same price as for the tools from the Moathouse courtyard.

However after selling the Moathouse courtyard TT suddenly they cost the same as the normal Thieves tools...

So are those Masterwork TT that never change their name? Or just normal Thieves tools that are overpriced until identified?

5. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

For some reason, both the Thieves' Tools and the MW Thieves' Tools have the OIF_IS_MAGICAL flag set, so the game is recognizing them as a magic item, and when you go to sell a set that you have looted, the offered price will be around 100 gp at full Appraise skill. The value of 100 gp is the price offered for most unidentified magic items (unidentified scrolls are 10 gp, potions are 15 gp) .

Once you sell the item by putting it into the merchant's chest, it automatically gets identified and the price is set to regular item price of 30 gp. The only time this is an issue in the game is when you pick up the stray set of Thieves' Tools in the moathouse courtyard, or loot one from a corpse. Though I can't think of one that is looted that way.

So... is there some reason why the Thieves' Tools are set as Magical? Is it needed for some internal processing or something?

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Not as far as I know. Try removing the flag and see what happens?

7. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

Both Thieves' Tools seem to work just the same with the flag removed, the bonus to both Open Lock and Disable Device kicks in, and I disabled a trap and opened a lock on various chests, so it seems unnecessary.

Our Host!