Brutal Surge Sword

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchet, Jan 18, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ok, time for some of you old time DM's and DnD gurus to cough up some of your knowledge. :)

Does anyone know where I can find the stats on the "Brutal Surge Sword", a friend swears it's an actual magic sword, a bastard sword to be more exact, over sized and powerful.

I've been looking through the Magic Item Compendium and didn't see it.
    Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

a quick google and I came up with this... http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-133837.html

It's an article about 4th ed d&d with the only reference I could find to a Brutal surge ability which is basically a free bulls rush action once per day. Though it could be something else entirely.

3. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

It's a feat i think. Or a special ability of a class.
    It's also a sword, granting that ability (much like the cleaving ability of a sword)
    And it`s something like a a bull rush, yes.

I'm not sure where but i've read it some where. I believe it's from Eberron setting, or the PHB II.
    If it's of some matter, i could look for it in my books.

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I found a reference online that mentions the Dungeon Master Guide II book (no version of D&D shown) ... Brutal Surge Bastard Sword.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  5. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I also found a reference online that mentions this special weapon ability.

Brutal Surge = Slashing or bludgeoning weapon can initiate bull rush attack 1/day on successful hit.

6. Half Knight

Half Knight Gibbering Mouther

Of course, it can't be the PHB II as i said...that's it.
    I'm pretty sure that some class or prestige class has it as an ability. It could be one of the new basic classes in PHBII or DMG II or one of the available new "tactical" feats

7. sirchet

Thanks everyone!

I just knew one of ya would have heard about it. I got with my friend, he runs a table-top gaming store and gathering, best place to get invited into an adventure. He said it's definitely 4e and refers to an ability that could be crafted onto a sword, hence...Brutal Surge Sword. The 4e books will not be out until June, so...looks like I'm waiting until then.

btw......here's a link to his store, he sells on-line and ships to other countries. I'm not trying to be a spam-bot, I just thought that you guys might want to save 25% off MSRP like I do. If you're ever in Orlando Florida USA, you could stop in and be amazed, usually DnD stores are kind of small but his place is big and set up well for holding multiple games and tournaments. OK, I'm done with my fanboy rant. heh heh

http://www.coolstuffgames.com/

@allyx, thanks...I read that same article and it's kind of vague, and speaks mostly about the changes in 4e, but thank you and good to hear from you. :)

8. ethan_dawe

ethan_dawe Member

It's in 3.5.

Brutal Surge D&D 3.5 DMGII page 255

Ethan

9. sirchet

Are you saying you looked at it in DMGII 3.5e?
    What I got from Allyx's link was a preview of DMGII 4e in Game Trade Magazine. They talk about a few pages of the new DMGII for 4e being shown early in the magazine. I looked through the DMGII for 3.5e and didn't see it, granted I'm old and might have missed it. :)

10. ethan_dawe

ethan_dawe Member

Yep, It's in the 3.5 DMG II on the page in my alst post :)

Our Host!