Blackguarda multiclass

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ertury92, Feb 10, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. ertury92

ertury92 Member

Here we are analyzing and asking for advices for another prestige class. :D I recently considered to include in my party a blackguard...I made some tries with cheats to compare blackguard/barbarian and blackguard/fighter.Barbarian/blackguard cannot use spell while in rage but is a formidable tank.Fighter/blackguard instead does a little bit more damage(cause o w.f,w.specialization,etc.) but has less hp...My ideas were a split 10/10 barbarian/ blackguard(trading greater rage for 1d6 sneak attack more)or a 10/10 fighter/ blackguard.What do you think about this builds?Curious about your opinions as always :)

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Not bad, a Half-orc for the first and a dwarf for the second just from a Role-playing point of view.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Blackguards work best when they are fallen Paladins, they get extra bonuses to thier Blackguard abilities based on thier previous Paladin abilities, I am unsure whether this has been fixed with recent Temple+ versions, but it wasn't working as it should last I heard.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  4. ertury92

ertury92 Member

Still It doesn't work.And being a fallen paladin and go blackguard is impossible right now because of alignment incompatibility.In theory It could be possible changing in game paladin alignment...

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

What isn't working? I just tested and it works fine as far as I can tell. Including changing the alignment for Paladins.
    As far as I know the only missing feature is the conversion of Paladin levels to BKG levels if you take it at level 10.

Our Host!