being held hostage by a goblin

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by cork, Aug 28, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. cork

cork Member

So, I completed the lizard man quest. And I read the writing on the wall. Went to the deep swamp and found the wizard tower. But when I talk to the goblin he gives me a riddle. And I answered with every possible response but there all wrong. So what am I missing?

2. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

IIRC, you need to select a character with high INT to talk to the goblin. If your speaker's INT is high enough, you'll get the correct answer as an option.

3. cork

cork Member

thanks! I'll give it a try.

4. cork

cork Member

Thanks for your help, it worked! Now the goblin says he hand me a piece of paper with a list of things to find. But I have no list in my inventory anywhere. And insight on that?

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

You did check inventory for all your party members, right? Only thing I can think of is that your inventory might have been full? If so, the note may have dropped on the ground, or worse yet, may have dropped into one of the hidden, unaccessable inventory slots that apparently exist. If THAT is the case, you'll probably need to console the item. (I have no idea what the code would be to console, as I never use it for many reasons, only one being gameplay. But Ted or someone should know.)

My suggestion - if your inventory was full and you can't find the note on the ground, reload from a previous save, make sure the person speaking has free inventory slots, and try again.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, what he said. Check if your hi Int speaker, or party leader, have full inventories - if so, there is your problem. Then use the tab key to highlight it on the ground if it is there.

Worst case scenario, console it with 'give 11014'.

7. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Actually, you aren't obligated to do the quest, if you have a druid on the party. Or you can take a quest from the druid in the keep, just don't forget to ask for a reward. And then he will give you Wrap Wood scroll.

Cast the spell from the scroll or by a druid on the wizard's door, and voila.

Our Host!