Attacks in Temple and Alignment

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Kenshin, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

Ok...so I have entered the Temple via the working for so and so routine.

And whether you are with the fire or earth side..they send you on a quest within the temple..all fine and good.

But each time I start to explore to solve these quests I am attacked by wither undead on one side..or bugbear or orges on the other. If I kill any of those guys the temple people see me as enemy and so all quests are off.

Is this an alignment issue. I think my party is neutral lawful. So I just need to know...is there away to complete quests in the temple with this alignment if this is the case..or should I just assume that after dialog and transport within the temple..I should just kill everything?

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Unless you have agreed to do quests for their respective priest or are wearing the correct robes, the temple denziens will attack you.

3. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

so perhaps these robes might be in the locked box in the rooms just outside from where you are briefed on these missions.

I am attacked even after accepting missions. But I don't have any new disguise robes since the ones at the moathouse.

i'll try the boxes...otherwise..its killin time.

4. Marceror

Marceror Established Member

IIRC, the robes for each temple can be found in various chests in the entry level of the temple (not level 1, the one above it).

Last edited: Oct 7, 2006
  5. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

If you wear the right robes you aren't attacked by the matching parts of the temple?

Hmmmm...

6. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Don't think it works for every monster in the temple though. Pretty certain undead don't give a tinker's cuss what robes you're wearing.

7. Daniel

Daniel Established Member

...and be sure your strongest characters carry enough robes of the other colors so you can switch them and see what other temple factions have to say, or even just to explore safely before you backstab and throw fireballs!

Also, if you have a paladin, completing any of the tasks ("thou shalst fetch me a coffee!") will make you fall, no matter what. So much for that shrubbery... :poke:

If that happens, make sure you complete the quests before going to the church for atonement so you pay only once!

8. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

I wish I'd known this sooner...
    I've cleared most of the higher levels, and have already killed the uber-high-priest under the level with the psycho-evil-woman...

(I can't remember the names ;) )

9. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

Yeah..I never entered the temple from the ground floor so I missed all the robes in the chests.

And there aren't any besides those unless you spawn them..so I did. Until I went back to the ground floor to collect the rest.

And the robes do help, of course..undead as mention..and a bunch of other creatures that are on the fringe of each temples turf attack regaurdless. But hopefullly killing those doesn't effect your standing with any group since they aren't attached to one.

Only bad thing is freeing prisoners get some people mad.

10. Gamoc

Gamoc Member

you can take robes of dead enemies, and there's a few chests around too. If you go down through the throne room after getting the skull using the passage under the throne, and find the passage in the symbols in the bottom right there's a load of fungi, then 4 chests, each one locked and filled with a different temple's robes.

Our Host!