Are you kidding me?!

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by DaveWomble, Aug 5, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

*sigh* this game is just sapping all patience and enjoyment. Issue after issue. Here's the latest: played last nite, no issues, saved like 10 times before bed, quit game, shut down, went to bed. Get up today, boot up laptop, click Co8 modpack icon and instantly get this: Operation Error ToEE Front-end X encountered a serious error: IO exception when writing Delayed blast fireball settings: modules\ToEE\delayed_blast_fireball.txt (access is denied)
    Program unable to continue and will now close. Please report as a bug in forum make sure to attach full log file (TFE-x.log)

What the actual f#%k?! I don't even have that spell never mind ever even used it. And attach log file? Can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm not a tech or pc nerd so..... wtf do I do now? Gettin a little tired of starting over due to issues (this'll be #6 now).

2. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Play as Admin. this is a Well Known problem and people more familiar with the sight can point you to the work around. basically, you right-click on the icon and set to run as administration under properties

MadLuke likes this.
  3. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

Yeah that worked. Thank u much, I wouldn't have known to do that ever.

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I've never experienced that particular bug, never set ToEE to run as admin and never needed to. I have had to rescue various ToEE file from antivirus quarantine though.

5. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Established Member Supporter

Our Host!