Arachnophobia - Lack of Communication

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by montiac1, Feb 27, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. montiac1

montiac1 Member

During the Arachnophobia quest, I am unable to speak to the Spider Queen. When I try to initiate dialog, here is what I get, regardless of the character trying to talk to her:

(Spider Queen) [The enormous creature continues to stare at you: you continue to get the feeling that you don't wan't to go past her.]

My party members:
    1. I wish we could communicate.

- Neutral Good party of five characters...Ranger, Paladin, Rogue, Cleric, Wizard.
    - Tried adding other character classes (like Druid).
    - Tried going to her as soon as I entered the forest, and also tried after clearing all the monsters, rescuing Angryn and Reynard, etc., and had same results.
    - Tried as first quest after getting to the Keep, and later quest.

Any ideas?

2. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Have your wizard speak to the spider. Even better if it is an elvish wizard. Mine talks to the spider with no problem.

3. chano

chano Established Member

There is a language skill based on intelligence i think, you need the character to have a few points in that

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah, you need to speak Sylvan, which is about 7 or 8 language points. Try any Elven character, or get your Wizard (who already gets a few points for the Int bonus) into Speak Language.

5. montiac1

montiac1 Member

Thanks! It was the Speak Languages skill that did it. I had several half-elves in my party, but apparently none with that skill. I also have noticed that the skills new for KotB (i.e., not in TOEE...like Climb, Speak Languages, Use Rope, etc.) do not show up in the Skills list on the Character/Inventory screen. I can see them when I level up and increase skills, but that's it.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yup, that's what happens when you push the engine past its limits - some things can't keep up. If you really need to know your score for any given skill that doesn't show, speak to the gypsy in the marketplace.

Our Host!