Any known problems with not running ToEE through the front end?

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Azathoth, Nov 9, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Azathoth

Azathoth Member

Assuming I have installed Co8 correctly, configured all the front end options correctly and verified that ToEE+Co8 is working, does not running the front end each time before I play ToEE do anything bad?

I ask because 3D Analyzer lets me force the game to work at my native 1920x1080 resolution while windowed, but that bypasses the front end to do its job. Everything appears to be working just fine in the first few areas I've gone to, but I wanted to ask in case not running the front end leads to problems later on.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well I frequently play the game with a short cut to the toee.exe and so by pass the front end. I am usually able to play with no problems and when hiccup does occur, I just reload from on of my many saves. Play as you like, but thought I would answer seeing no one else had yet. :)

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Being as the front end is part of the regular mod now and hence 'mandatory,' we only support games run through the front end.

I suspect that you're going to have problems with your 1920 x 1080 resolution down the road. Reports are that characters disappear on some later new maps (ToEE, etc.) leaving only their blue circles. That's a nasty thing about the widescreen limitations, but it's also why we don't support anything above the verified resolutions. We haven't just decided on that stuff arbitrarily.

Our Host!