Another instance?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by wizgeorge, Feb 27, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

When I try to run 7.1NC I get an error that says another instance of TFE-X is running. Running from where? This is an inital install on Windows7. The Gog vanilla works fine. TFE-X doesn't come with it. TFE-X doesn't run somewhere else automaticaly, that I know of. Any other window7 people seen this? I have no clue.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Right click on your TFE-X short-cut icon (on your desktop) and select "Run as administrator" (amongst the options) and then save your changes. That should solve the problem. If it doesn't, then you'll just have to wait until some one more knowledgeable replies.

3. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I run Vista and I have to run the ToEE front-end "as administrator" every time I want to play Co8 ToEE or I get "another instance running" error

4. dragonalumni

dragonalumni Elemental Warrior

I don't know if it's possible but can you rename the exe and run it? (lol?)

5. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I had to reinstall twice.
    Second time I right clicked on the toee modpack short cut ran as administrator and it installed properly.
    After I activated the mod and launched the game a second short cut appeared in the start menu. I right clicked on this, run as admin. and the game launches.
    Sometimes I have launched the modpack short cut and the mouse and keyboard stops working.
    Hope this helps

6. wizgeorge

The right-click run as admin worked. Everything says 7.1NC but I checked load and I got my 7.0NC where I stopped. If I continue to play will it be 7.0 or 7.1? If I start a new game I get all my 7.0 pc's too. Which is good, but I thought a new OS would erase everything.

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Always start a new game with a new modpack. There should be no saves in there after activating 7.1.0 ... did you put them in yourself?

8. wizgeorge

No, I put nothing in. I keep about 4 saves and delete/add as I go along. I just wonder if it will play 7.1NC material.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, it most definitely won't - at least not reliably. There were some pretty serious changes between 7.0 and 7.1 so you will crash eventually.

In fact, if I were you I'd remove the saves folder and do the deactivate/reactivate routine again before you start.

Our Host!