Allyx - special post for you

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Allyx -

I am about to do some major work on my Mod.

I just added all your changes to my Mod and I wanted to post these changes so you could go over it and make sure I did it correctly.

Once you give me the two thumbs up then I will make changes knowing that your additions will be permanant.

How does that sound?

- Livonya

Also, I will add a post script to my change log so that your changes are noted and credited.

Attached Files:

2. Livonya

Allyx -

This is what I will add to the change log.

* Additional Changes from Allyx
    -- Composite bows
    -- Additional Magic Items
    -- Crafting additions

3. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

*cough*

Maybe there is some misunderstanding here. If by "magic items" you mean the Helm of Teleportation, Vest of Escape etc. - most of those magic items were actually added by me, following the instructions that Goongyae and especially Shiftyjim posted in this thread. I also added those to the crafting list.

4. Livonya

oops!

Morpheus -

Sorry, I didn't realize.

A lot going on, hard to keep it all together...

I will credit you all then.

By the way, do you have other fixes/things that need to be added?

If you post things in this thread I will add them in.

I'm trying to get as much in as I can so that I can then continue to work without worrying about replacing/removing stuff...

I have a lot of plans for new content and would like to start to get going on them...

- Livonya

5. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Most of the changes I made are listed here.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Sorry to be a pain in the Butt, the files I changed and uploaded didn't include some specific armors, I've done the work, i'll just upload it now, should I include the Robes of the archmagi even though fixing them is near impossible (without a Temple.dll change anyway)?

I'll leave them out for now.

[EDIT] I've Added some fixes to items that weren't displaying properly, and added more powerful versions of the wand of fireball and lightning bolt - note I had to make educated guesses for the prices for some of them.

Wizgeorge -- Fireball wand that does 10 d6 damage, enjoy!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2005
  7. Allyx

Livonya--

Yeah it all looks right, except for the additions i did in the post above, you got my thumbs!

Morpheus--

Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to steal your thunder, It wasn't intentional, no hard feelings?

Could you guys add an NPC who can sell Specific arms and armor, as it's Impossible to craft them? You could hide him/her in the abandoned Shrine in Homlett, The next building north of the Inn, maybe it could be a travelling merchant who shows up at random locations, stays for a day and then goes elsewhere?

8. SadExchange

SadExchange Member

So, after installing Liv's mod mid-last week, I need to install everything on this page? Is that right? Just want to keep up-to-date.

9. Livonya

I wouldn't recommend it.

This is just stuff for me to add to my mod.

- Livonya

10. SadExchange

SadExchange Member

Okay, but what are the fixes that have been made to your mod so far that I should download?

11. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hey Allyx would that maybe include the brigand leather armor in masterwork or magical. im trying to change the regular masterwork leather and magical to the grey brigand but havnt got far enough along this time to see if its worked so far lol :) if it does it will be the first time i got one to work

12. Allyx

Changing the appearance of items is easy as pie, I'll explain how I do it...

Download Phalzyr's Protos Editor, Open Protos.tab, Find the item you want to change your items appearance to (ie the brigand leather armor, boots and gloves) note down the numbers in columns 34 (model), 53 (Inventory Icon), and 62 (colour).

Then find the item you want to change, replace the numbers in those columns with the ones you've noted down, and save it.

Hey presto, Custom coloured items!

To check it worked just open the console and type "give ####" and hit return. [replace #### with the items number]

(note this will change all instances of this item number)

13. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well i changed all the numbers in protos but with out the editor i just opened it up and replaced the some numbers, got the idea from checking your elven cloak/boots color change and adding them into Livs mod myself so as not to mess up her files. didnt quite get it right but it works lol. i havent gotten around to getting to the masterwork items in the game to check. if i use the give command it always gives me DO NOT USE arrows, no matter what i ask for

14. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

ok Allyx maybe im doing something really wrong here but when i open up protos, and i use notepad to do that, col 62 is blank and color is in col 148. i installed the protos editor but it doesnt seem to work as i dont see anything when the install is done. so ill just keep doing my changes in notepad for now.

15. Allyx

lord_graywolfe --

I can do the changes, and upload them in a notepad file, then you just cut, paste and save. I'd make a back up first though.

How does that sound?

Our Host!