Adding fatigue condition

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Kharagh, May 18, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Kharagh

Kharagh Established Member

I have spent forever trying to get the Ice Blast spell right.

Ice Blast
    When you cast this spell, you spit forth a cloud of icy crystals that extends outward in a cone. Creatures in the area are covered with a thin layer of ice that deals 1d6 points of damage per two caster levels (maximum 10d6). In addition, creatures are affected by a temporary frostbite condition, making them fatigued for 1 minute. A successful Fortitude save negates both the damage and the frostbite effect.

The only thing I can't get to work is the fatigue part. This is my best guess (which causes a crash to desktop):

target_item.obj.condition_add_with_args('fatigued', spell.duration, 0)

Also, while messing around with this, I accidentally saved over my Petrifying Breath.py with a non-functional version of Ice Blast. Can anyone confirm that the Petrifying breath available here (http://co8-test.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/data/scr/Spell736 - Petrifying Breath.py) is a current, working version?

Thanks!

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Is there even a fatigued condition or effect for you to call on?

I don't think I've seen it in TOEE.

3. Kharagh

After a barbarian rages, he is fatigued (the word "fatigued" is on the character's info when you hover over him, and there is a little fatigued flag on the character's portrait). There should be a fairly simple way to reproduce that effect with a spell.

But barbarian rage doesn't seem to be available in the scr folder, which is about as sophisticated as I am right now for looking for examples of how to do stuff.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ahh, come to think of it ... I don't think I've ever played a barbarian in TOEE even after all these years.

Well, I look forward to seeing what you figure out.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You're quite right Kharagh, barbarian fatigue is about the extent of it in ToEE. I don't know you can add the fatigued condition though, and if you could, you wouldn't have the follow ups (exhaustion, ways to reduce fatigue etc). Try it though and let us know, I would love to be able to do it because a lot of alchemical stuff is related to inducing or alleviating the condition.

6. Kharagh

The spell is only supposed to cause fatigue for 10 rounds, so for my purposes I don't need anything more than the brief fatigue that follows a rage. In fact, one thing I've considered is trying to induce a rage and then end it immediately to produce fatigue. But I don't yet see a way to do that either. But I'll keep tinkering.

7. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

script code solution:

game.leader.condition_add('Barbarian_Fatigued')

-temple.dll page copy-

Code:
    ÿÿÿXÿÿParalyzed - Ability ScoreÿÿÿElixer Timed Skill BonusÿÿÿÿBlindnessÿÿÿBrawl OpponentÿÿBrawl SpectatorÿBrawl 

PlayerÿÿÿÿEncumbered OverburdenedÿEncumbered HeavyÿÿÿÿEncumbered MediumÿÿÿFailed Decipher ScriptÿÿAugment Summoning 

EnhancementÿÿÿFeintingÿÿÿÿNauseatedÿÿÿFallen_PaladinÿÿPerm Negative LevelÿTemp Negative Levelÿsp-Detect Alignment 

EvilÿÿÿÿDetected Evilÿÿÿsp-Detect AlignmentÿDetecting 

EvilÿÿNSDiseasedÿÿIncubating_DiseaseÿÿNewRound_This_TurnÿÿTestÿÿÿÿSmiting_Evilÿÿÿÿbarbarian 

fatigueÿÿÿ[color=lime]Barbarian_Fatigued[/color]ÿÿBarbarian Rageÿÿ[color=lime]Barbarian_Raged[/color]ÿStunnedÿBardic-Inspire Greatness-hitÿÿÿÿGrea

8. Kharagh

Sweet. Thanks.

I now have a fully-functional Ice Blast spell (FYI, it's from Complete Arcane). I'm running a water wizard right now and really needed some low-level water spells. Now I have Lesser Orb of Cold at 1st and Ice Blast at 2nd. I also added in a bunch of Water Elemental summoning spells (to force the wizard to summon water elementals instead of something better from Summon Monster).

For those interested in the Barbarian_Fatigued condition: It does not end a barbarian rage but it does prevent starting a rage.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Waterball from the Spell Compendium comes to mind.

EDIT Ooo got fatigue going, well done lads :thumbsup:

Our Host!