Acid Fog Spell for Wizards

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Pygmy, Aug 31, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

My conjuror bought the acid fog scroll from the Bazaar of the Bizarre and copied the spell successfully into spellbook ( I thought) when I attempted to memorise it I discovered that a new level 6 section had been started in his spellbook and acid fog was nowhere to be seen....

Subsequent level 6 spells were added to this new section

I bought the scroll again and was able to learn the spell again with the same result (no third level 6 section though)

I leveled the character up to level 11 via the console as an experiment and was able to select acid fog as a levelling-up spell but again no sign of this in my spellbook afterwards - although Eyebite was added as normal

I produced a test sorcerer whom I levelled up to 12 - who was able to select and cast acid fog successfully.

What is the code number for this scroll anyway? 9000 which according to the game mechanics should correspond to acid fog still produces the dreaded red scroll

Any help in allowing my conjuror to cast acid fog would be greatly appreciated.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Interesting that it worked for a sorcerer ...

This spell has problems due (apparently) to its spell number, so it's pretty much not going to work for you. (I've looked at it in-depth and can't figure out what's really wrong with it, other than anamolies with the number in different references.) Anyway, we're removing it from the next release due to the problems you describe. Sorry.

Our Host!