A question on the subject of Front End

Discussion in 'ToEE Front-End X' started by Orinsul Allast, Apr 14, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Orinsul Allast

Orinsul Allast Member

hello.
    on installation of Circle of Eight Mod Pack 4.0.0 i unticked the npcs leveling up like pcs, and then left the humble npcs out in front end and yet still the npcs require help with their leveling. So i was a wondering if there was a way to get this working right or not. thank you and if you can solve it i would be greatified.

2. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

Hang on. So, "NPCs level like PCs" is inactive, but "Humble NPCs" _is_ active?

If so, that should mean that your NPCs automatically level each time they gain enough XP, since that is the way it works by default. Humble NPCs is an inventory manipulation fix having nothing to do with experience.

Tell us more about your configuration. What did you install, what order did you install it in, what are all of your ToEEFE settings? Did you clear the map cache before starting a new game (or have Frontend do it for you)? Did you load a saved game from a previous configuration after starting Frontend? The more data you give us the better chance we have of helping you.

(FYI, almost everyone prefers leveling your NPCs just like your PCs. It only takes a couple of minutes more and generally delivers far better optimization than letting the CPU make all the choices.)

--Blair
    "You look kind of short for a stormtrooper..."

3. Orinsul Allast

Orinsul Allast Member

Okay i installed ToEE then the patch 2, then the Co8 patch with front end included, i unchecked the box for installing "make NPCs level up like PCs (player controls NPC level-up process)" and i also left out "shiningTed's Desperate Housewices..." and "No Fog of War in town" but included "Allyx's Shopmap" with clothes but without weapons, and also leaving in "Agetian's ToEE Front-End.

In Temple of Elemental Evil Front-End i have the selected Co8-4.0.0 with 'Max Level' ticked and 'Show Exact Hit Points.' with Intro Movies and Sound deactive. and then load the program.
    Humble NPCs is unticked.

thank you.

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The Shopmap is the problem. Unfortunately, you can't have it without having the NPCs level like PCs. This just occurred to me, btw.

4.0.0 has been out now for over 6 months, and this is the first time anyone has reported this. Either people don't know the difference, or everybody uses NPCs level like PCs.

5. Blair

Blair Unwanted Construct

D'oh!... I would guess the latter. I hate it when that happens, nonetheless.

:cry:

--Blair
    "Why? Never ask why. Just shoot them before they get too close."

6. Orinsul Allast

Orinsul Allast Member

thanks mate.

Our Host!