A little more feedback to misc threads

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by zhuge, Oct 10, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

For a game with a lot of potential but a ton of stuff to discover and fix, I find the board pretty slow going. I hope I am not coming across as demanding but I really hope to see more activity, especially from the modders. I've noted quite a number of unanswered questions in the forums but some of these need some knowledge of the game's inner workings to answer well. I highly appreciate that you are doing this gratis for the simple love of the game but thought it would be nice to pop in to give a short answer to a couple of the threads in the general modding and play forums.

Even a short "yes, we've noted it, we are working on it OR we don't think it's worth the effort/worth exploring" would at least tell folks that they are heard.

Again let me stress I really appreciate the effort put in by the modders and have high hopes that the lifespan of this rather short CRPG will be vastly prolonged by these mods and patches.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

A Couple of the Co8 team are missing internet connectivity right now, and I can only get on from work when not busy so... I'm also holding my breath for the official patch release before getting to involved in protos.tab.

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

Thanks for the prompt reply and pardon my impatience. :p
    Was looking at old posts when I came across the
    "Hack the planet, err I mean Proto! Hack the Proto. hack the proto" thread:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=98

Really nice description of fields. Has there been any progress since then? I really would like to help out in any small way that I can but there's no need to reinvent the wheel so any already available data on fields should be made clear.

I'm currently looking at various weapons and trying to sort something out at:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?threadid=414

Not having much luck and the critical threat range problem doesn't seem solvable by merely altering crit field numbers.
    Need to go to work now. Will have another shot at figuring out those fields after work.

Our Host!