A couple of questions on Nulb (spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by BenWH, Aug 9, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

This time through I decided to mix it up a bit, and so I ended up doing the Boatman's tavern first, and killed Lodriss and Tolub. I then went to the Snakepit and they attacked me in there too.

So my questions are on a couple of quests:

Is there any way I can get to Imeryds Run? I have killed the pirate who usually gives the fish quest - anyone else give a way to get there, as I don't get the option in overland travel?

In addition, since the Snakepit folks attacked me, when I talk to Preston Watz I can tell him his money problem is solved, but I get no options to buy a house from him - and obviously since Bertam is dead, I can't use that route ether. Anyone know what else can open up this option - my bluff and gather info skills aren't that high (about 8ish) - is this too low?

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

As far as Imeryds Run goes its been known to show up on the world map early in any game- you might still be able to get there w/o having the quest to catch the giant gar. As far as buying the house in Nulb did you talk to Mona already as well? AFAIK there is no other way to get the option to buy the house w/o doing that quest...

3. BenWH

BenWH BGPHughes

I'm through to Verbobonc now and still no Imeryd's showing up on the list (though I can see it on the map), so I can't get there. Can't recall if the new content sends me there at any point, but if it does, I hope I can go!

For buying the house, I have dealt with Mona's quest, and killed the Snakepit owner and get the dialogue option on Watz that his mney probem should be solved, but it goes around in a loop. I tell him his money issue is solved, he asks me who could fix his teeth, I tell him his money issue is solved again, etc. Seems I may have to forgo the attack by Gremag, which is one of my favourite combats, unless anyone knows a solution!

4. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Is Bertram still around to talk to or is he dead as well?

5. Cloudsprinter

Cloudsprinter Member

You can either alter the Quest status or Just Teleport there using the console:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1676

6. Corwyn

Corwyn Gnoll Pincushion

I've run into that particular looped conversation with Wentz. This has worked for me in the past- go back to Mona and run through the dialogue options (again) dealing with solving her money problems, then go to Wentz and do the same and see if the option to buy the house doesn't appear.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

When you gave Mona her Orb back, did she remain or disappear?

If she stayed put the status did not change, if she left and you could talk to the girl about how you "bought her freedom" it should be set.

Our Host!